Thief asks woman if she needed help, steals her groceries
Published 12:00 am Tuesday, April 7, 2020
By Shavonne Potts
SALISBURY — Police are looking into who stole a woman’s groceries from her after asking if she needed help.
The woman, 37, had just left Food Lion, 123 Mahaley Ave., shortly after 7 a.m. on Friday when a man approached her to ask if she needed help. The man, who appeared to be in his 30s, grabbed the woman’s groceries from her cart.
“They struggled over the bag,” said Salisbury Police spokesman Lt. Lee Walker.
The man was able to take the bag from the woman’s hand and took off. Walker said the man stole meat, drinks and ice cream. No arrest has been made.
In other Salisbury Police Department reports
• Lumber Liquidators reported Friday a break-in occurred at the business, located at 403 Bendix Drive.
• A woman reported Friday she was assaulted while in the 700 block of Wilson Road.
• A window was damaged Friday at a property in the 600 block of West Marsh Street.
• A woman reported Saturday she was the victim of fraud while in the 1700 block of Dewberry Place.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports
• Crescent Pawn Shop reported Friday the business was the victim of fraud while in the 7600 block of U.S. 52.
• BP Gas station reported Friday the business was the victim of larceny by an employee at 1190 Long Ferry Road.
• A man reported Friday he was the victim of fraud while in the 2700 block of Old Mocksville Road.
• A 1-year-old child was found walking Friday in the 6500 block of Old Mocksville Road. The father took a nap and didn’t know the child had gotten out. The mother arrived on the scene.
• A man reported Friday someone stole tools from the 1500 block of West C Street, Kannapolis.
• A woman reported Saturday she was the victim of identity theft.
• A Rowan County Detention Center inmate possessed a weapon the jail premises.
• Brandon Lee Wilson, 26, was charged Friday with misdemeanor child abuse while in the 6500 block of Old Mocksville Road.
• Austin Evan Watts, 31, was charged Friday with felony possession with intent to manufacture, sell and deliver a controlled substance Schedule I while in the 1000 block of Recovery Road, China Grove.
• Cornelius Lamar Bulter, 22, was charged Monday with felony possession of a dangerous weapon in prison in the 400 block of Grace Church Road.