Contact information for COVID-19-related questions

Published 3:13 pm Thursday, April 2, 2020

The following is a list of numbers or email addresses for COVID-19-related questions:

• People seeking to speak with the Rowan County Health Department about COVID-19 testing or local other information should call 980-432-1800. People can also email

• For questions about relief that’s being provided by the federal government, including checks that will be provided to individuals and families, people should contact their local congressman.

For southern and eastern Rowan County, Rep. Richard Hudson is the congressman. His district stops at the Salisbury city limits. It also includes some of southwestern Rowan County. The number for Hudson’s Concord office is 704-786-1612. The number for his Washington, D.C., office is 2020-225-3715. Rep. Ted Budd’s district includes the city of Salisbury, much of western Rowan County and almost all of the county located to the north of Mooresville Road or N.C. 150. Budd’s closest district office is in Advance, and its phone number is 336-998-1313.

• By dialing the phone number 211, a service provided by the United Way, people can be directed to assistance and resources related to the COVID-19 outbreak.

• The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services also has a COVID-19 information line at 866-462-3821. The number is a statewide hotline for coronavirus rather than a local one.

• Novant Health, which operates Rowan Medical Center, has a coronavirus hotline at 877-9-NOVANT. The number is intended as a 24-hour helpline to answer COVID-19 questions.

For the latest information about coronavirus in the state of North Carolina, visit The Centers for Disease Control and prevention, the nation’s public health institute, has a COVID-19 website at