Blotter: Thieves steal cleaning supplies in high demand
By Shavonne Potts
SALISBURY — Salisbury Police are searching for two men who stole cleaning supplies from an area grocery store.
One suspect has repeatedly taken soap and hand sanitizer, police said.
Police spokesman Lt. Lee Walker said an employee with Food Lion Risk Management contacted law enforcement on Friday to say someone was in the store, 123 Mahaley Ave., and stole hand soap and sanitizer. When confronted, the man ran out of the store. Store personnel said this wasn’t the first time the man stole cleaning products, which are in high demand amid the coronavirus pandemic.
Police are reviewing security footage, Walker said.
On Sunday, a different man was spotted in the same Mahaley Avenue Food Lion. Police said they are looking for 44-year-old Eldrede Spencer Gill, whose address is listed as the streets of Salisbury.
Store video showed Gill picking up two containers of laundry pods and scent beads. An officer who looked at the store’s security footage recognized Gill. Police have issued warrants for his arrest, but Walker said it’s likely Gill will receive a citation under the current COVID-19 protocols.
In other Salisbury Police Department reports
• A woman reported on Friday someone stole items from her vehicle that was parked in the 300 block of South Shaver Street.
• Ted Berry Co. reported on Friday someone stole items from a vehicle parked in the 1300 block of South Jake Alexander Boulevard.
• A woman reported on Friday she was the victim of fraud while in the 700 block of South Martin Luther King Jr. Avenue.
• A woman left her 7-year-old and 9-year-old children at home by themselves while she drove for Uber in Charlotte is being investigated for child neglect. The children’s father arrived to pick them up.
• A man reported on Saturday someone stole a trailer that was parked at his property in the 900 block of South Fulton Street.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports
• A woman reported on Thursday she was the victim of an assault while in the 1100 block of Gaddy Mobile Home Drive, Kannapolis.
• A man reported on Thursday someone broke into his property in the 8000 block of Longbriar Drive, Kannapolis.
• A woman reported on Thursday a fight occurred between her and her son in the 200 block of Vista Drive.
• A woman reported on Thursday she was the victim of an assault while in the 1400 block of Bringle Ferry Road.
• Franklin Paul Gegorek, 63, was charged on Thursday with misdemeanor assault on a female while in the 200 block of Vista Drive.
• Aron Wayne Gragg, 29, was charged on Thursday with misdemeanor assault on a female while in the 900 block of Ney Street, Kannapolis.
• Torie Eugene Cuthbertson, 40, was charged on Thursday with misdemeanor assault on a female while in the 700 block of East Main Street, Cleveland.
By Shavonne Potts firstname.lastname@example.org SALISBURY — The Rowan County Sheriff’s Office is investigating a Monday morning shooting into a Salisbury... read more