Blotter: Salisbury woman jailed on other offenses now faces fraud
By Shavonne Potts
SALISBURY — A Salisbury woman already in the county jail was charged this week after she was accused of using a debit card that belonged to her boyfriend’s roommate without his permission.
The Salisbury Police Department charged Felicia Darleen Crawford, 33, of the 200 block of North Long Street, with felony financial card fraud. An arrest warrant was served Tuesday night and Crawford was issued an additional $1,000 secured bond. She remains in the jail under a total $23,500 secured bond.
Police spokesman Lee Walker said the victim told them his debit card was used in October 2019 to withdraw $700 from the Bank of America ATM on West Jake Alexander Boulevard.
In other Salisbury Police Department reports
• Livingstone College reported on Tuesday a breaking and entering occurred at 1405 Van Nuys St.
• A man reported on Tuesday his belongings were stolen from the bed of a tow truck in the 2900 block of South Main Street.
• A man reported on Tuesday an Xbox was stolen from a vehicle parked in the 700 block of West Monroe Street.
• A woman reported on Tuesday she was the victim of an assault while at McDonald’s restaurant, 704 E. Innes St.
• A man reported on Tuesday he was the victim of larceny in the 200 block of East Horah Street.
Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports
• A woman reported on Tuesday she was the victim of a burglary in the 4200 block of Trexler Street.
• Duke Energy reported on Tuesday a larceny incident occurred in the 9500 block of Castor Road.
• Neel Road Baptist Church reported on Tuesday a catalytic converter was stolen from a church van, 135 Neel Road.
• A woman reported on Tuesday someone stole items from the property in the 1800 block of Enon Church Road.
• Sherry Renee Stone, 31, was charged on Tuesday with felony possession of counterfeit currency while at the Rowan County Magistrate’s Office.
• Michael Paul Miller, 40, was charged on Tuesday with felony possession with intent to manufacture, sell and deliver a controlled substance schedule VI while at the Rowan County Magistrate’s Office.
• Melanie Danielle Scercy, 39, was charged on Tuesday with felony obtaining property by false pretenses while at the Rowan County Magistrate’s Office.
• Calvin Jerome Rashee Ingram, 26, was charged on Tuesday with felony breaking and entering while at the Rowan County Magistrate’s Office.
• Robert Jacob Merrington, 24, was charged on Tuesday with felony larceny of a motor vehicle while at the Rowan County Detention Center.
By Liz Moomey email@example.com SALISBURY — Sen. Thom Tillis, R-N.C., and Rep. Richard Hudson, R-8, were part of a bipartisan... read more