Blotter: Police looking into theft of tires from truck at Cloninger Ford
By Shavonne Walker
SALISBURY — Police are looking into the theft of three tires from a pickup truck at Cloninger Ford after a security video showed someone “casing” the automotive dealership before removing the tires, said a police spokesman.
The incident was discovered Sunday at the business, located at 511 S. Jake Alexander Blvd., and is believed to have occurred just before 8 a.m. The person can be seen using a jack to raise an F-150. It’s believed the person who took three of the four tires may have gotten spooked, said Salisbury police spokesman Lt. Lee Walker.
He said the same person was spotted on video before the theft occurred. The investigation continues.
In other Salisbury Police Department reports
• A man reported on Saturday he was the victim of a breaking and entering in the 900 block of Maple Avenue.
• A woman reported on Saturday the assault of a corrections officer at Piedmont Correctional Institute, 1245 Camp Road.
• A woman reported on Sunday she was the victim of a domestic assault in the 400 block of Freedom Drive.
• A woman reported on Sunday someone stole items from her vehicle in the 1200 block of West Fisher Street.
• A man reported on Sunday he was the victim of larceny from the 700 block of Julian Road.
• A woman reported on Sunday she was assaulted during a domestic situation in the 100 block of Crawford Street.
• A woman reported on Sunday she assaulted her boyfriend and then was assaulted in the 700 block of Lakewood Drive.
• Police found drugs during a vehicle search while conducting a traffic stop on Tuesday in the 1000 block of East Innes Street.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports
• A man reported on Friday he was the victim of a scam in the 1800 block of Woodleaf Barber Road, Cleveland.
• A man reported on Friday someone stole guns from his residence in the 6300 block of Foster Road, Woodleaf.
• A man reported on Friday someone stole items from his vehicle and damaged the vehicle while it was parked in the 5200 block of South River Church Road, Cleveland.
• A man reported on Friday someone stole his belongings from his vehicle in the 1200 block of Briarwood Terrace.
• A man reported on Saturday someone fired gunshots into his property in the 100 block of Vine Arden Drive.
• A man reported on Sunday he was the victim of a burglary in the 500 block of Hannah Ferry Road.
• Carla Nicole Tennant, 32, was charged on Friday with misdemeanor possession of half an ounce up to an ounce and a half of marijuana in the 900 block of Peeler Road.
• Bobby Ray Williams, 38, was charged on Friday with misdemeanor communicating threats while in the 100 block of Excel Drive, Kannapolis.
• Scott Freeman Suggs, 42, was charged on Friday with misdemeanor larceny while in the 400 block of Grace Church Road.
• Gina Beaver Graham, 55, was charged on Friday with misdemeanor simple assault while in the 1400 block of Centenary Church Road, Mount Ulla.
• Megan Nichole Wilder, 22, was charged on Saturday with misdemeanor assault and battery while at the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office.
• Brandon Michael Rattler, 39, was charged on Saturday misdemeanor larceny while in the 4100 block of N.C. 152 west, China Grove.
• Kayla Jo Sweely, 29, was charged on Sunday with misdemeanor possession of marijuana drug paraphernalia while in the 8000 block of Stokes Ferry Road.
By Shavonne Walker firstname.lastname@example.org CHINA GROVE — A Salisbury man remains in the Rowan County Detention Center today after he... read more