Blotter: Two charged with altering gun’s serial number
By Liz Moomey
Amhad Tyrick Bates and Keenen Isiah Cowan, both 22, were charged with felony possession of marijuana, misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia, misdemeanor carrying a concealed weapon and felony possess/sell/buy/alter gun serial number.
The gun’s serial number was scratched off.
The two were pulled over after running a stop sign in the 2600 block of West Innes Street.
Cowan remains in jail under a $20,000 bond.
- A woman reported Friday a breaking and entering in the 500 block of Burton Avenue.
- A man reported a hit and run Friday in the 200 block of Sycamore Road.
- A woman reported she was a victim of credit card fraud on Friday. She reported her credit card was used between Tuesday and Friday at Walmart, Ruscho Food Store No. 9, West End Plaza and Food Lion on Faith Road.
- Safety Taxi reported a unpaid fare on Saturday.
- Marcus Rex Haney, 26, charged on Sunday with misdemeanor assault on a female in the 400 block of Freedom Drive.
- Jahnique Sinque Hogan, 18, was charged with misdemeanor second-degree trespassing on Sunday.
- Jacqueline Christine Pence, 32, was charged with felony possession of controlled substance schedule II.
- Vernon Anthony Clement. 43, was charged on Monday with felony assault by strangulation in the 400 block of West Franklin Street.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s reports:
- A woman reported a firearm was stolen from her vehicle in the 300 block of Barbour Street in Salisbury, overnight Wednesday.
- Tammy Patton Leathers, 54, was charged Thursday with misdemeanor worthless check in the 300 block of Foster Lane, in Salisbury.
- Catheryn Joy Hocking, 55, was charged with fraud on Thursday at the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office.
- Latoya Nakeisha Ormsby, 36, was charged Thursday with misdemeanor child abuse in the 1000 block of Peach Orchard Road.
- Charles Randall Lomax, 25, was charged Thursday with possession of controlled substance schedule II at the Rowan County Detention Center.