Blotter: Police are looking into early morning shooting
By Shavonne Walker
SALISBURY — Police are investigating the shooting of a local man after they received a 911 hang-up call from a South Fulton Street residence. The victim had gone to the hospital by the time police arrived, said spokesman Lt. Lee Walker.
The victim told Salisbury officers he walked home on Tuesday morning around 2 a.m. from Wiley School Apartments and Harrison Road and Fulton Street when he felt a stinging sensation. The man said he realized he was shot in the thigh.
No other details were provided, Walker said. Police are continuing to look into the matter.
In Salisbury Police Department reports
• A police report was filed on Sunday for motor vehicle theft while parked in the 800 block of West Innes Street.
• A woman reported on Sunday that her license plate was stolen from the 100 block of Freeland Drive.
• A woman reported on Sunday someone stole a bicycle off her porch while in the 800 block of N. Main Street.
• Police found drugs during a routine traffic stop while in the 2300 block of S. Main Street.
• A man told police he was stabbed with a kitchen knife while inside his home in the 700 block of Cherry Street. The police said he was not cooperative.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports
• A woman struck a parked Rowan County Sheriff’s Office patrol car on Thursday while at the Rowan County Magistrate’s Office.
• The N.C. Department of Transportation reported on Thursday someone vandalized the property at Richfield and Orchard roads, Richfield.
• A report was taken on Friday in the 100 block of Antler Way regarding an assault.
• A man reported on Saturday someone broke into his property in the 300 block of Cliff Eagle Road.
• A woman reported on Saturday she was assaulted and her property damaged in the 200 block of Sloop Street, China Grove.
• A man reported on Saturday a vehicle was stolen from the 4600 block of Jack Brown Road.
• A man reported on Saturday he was assaulted while in the 2900 block of Corriher Grange Road, Mount Ulla.
• A woman reported she was the victim of an assault after a woman threatened suicide while in the 1400 block o Garrick Road and Equestrian Drive.
• A man reported on Sunday someone stole his belongings from a building in the 100 block of Old Cherokee Circle.
• A man reported on Sunday his property was burglarized in the 6600 block of Wright Road, Kannapolis.
• A woman reported on Sunday she was the victim of fraud while in the 200 block of Westfork Drive.
• A man reported on Sunday he was the victim of fraud while in the 900 block of Peeler Road.
• A woman reported on Sunday someone attempted to break into her property in the 2600 block of Lowerstone Church Road, Rockwell.
• A woman reported on Sunday someone stole items from her vehicle in the 500 block of Charloais Drive.
• A man reported on Sunday he was assaulted by his son after asking the son to leave the property in the 200 block of Brindles Hillside Lane.
• Tyshesha Diana Crump, 33, was charged on Friday with misdemeanor possession of up to one and a half ounces of marijuana while in the 900 block of West N.C. 152, China Grove.
• Jeffery Paris Ghent, 34, was charged on Saturday with misdemeanor assault on a female in the 700 block of North Main St.
• Jaquan Bernard Dildy, 24, was charged on Sunday with misdemeanor possession of marijuana up to 1/2 an ounce while in the 75000 Northbound Interstate 85.
FAITH – Discussions about starting a community charter school here started when the elementary school in town and Enochville Elementary... read more