Blotter: Woman the victim of fraud after PayPal password change
Published 12:00 am Friday, February 14, 2020
A woman reported a fraud by wire, computer or electronic manipulation to the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office on Tuesday.
The 32-year-old woman received an email from PayPal, an online payment system, that her password was changed, though she hadn’t used the site in four years. The woman also received an email from Wells Fargo that a person named Bill Bob transferred money to Zelle, a digital payment network.
According to the victim, less than $100 was transferred.
The bank told her to submit a police report and said it would communicate with the sheriff’s office if they locate Bill Bob.
Other Sheriff’s Office reports:
• A man reported shots were fired at a home in the 11200 block of Unity Church Road in Mooresville on Tuesday. A window, valued at $150, was damage. The property damage happened in December.
• A woman reported a breaking and entering in the 4500 block of U.S. 601, in Salisbury, on Tuesday.
• Health Consultants Inc., at 116 Hawkins Ave. in Salisbury, reported a larceny from a vehicle on Tuesday.
• A man reported on Tuesday he was a larceny of firearms after breaking and entering in the 200 Copperhead Road, in Kannapolis.
• A woman reported on Tuesday a trespassing at a Bindles Hillside Lane residence.
• A woman reported on Tuesday an assault in the 1100 block of Children’s Circle, in Rockwell.
• Raymondo Garza Flores, 42, was charged with assault on a female on Tuesday in the 100 block of Ashley Drive.
• Pearl Morton Gabbard, 56, was charged for a worthless check at the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office on Tuesday.
• Ronald Earl Powers, 34, was charged with felony possession of a firearm by a felon in the 400 block of Grace Church Road in Tuesday.
• Justin Gray Morgan, 32, was charged on Tuesday with resisting a public officer in the 100 block of Brindles Hillside Lane in Salisbury.
In Salisbury Police Department reports:
• A woman on Wednesday reported a breaking and entering at the 1300 block of Standish Street.
• A woman reported an assault at Liberty Commons Nursing and Rehabilitation Center of Rowan County on Wednesday
• Walmart reported a shoplifting on Wednesday.
• A woman reported an assault in the 600 block of Statesville Blvd. on Wednesday.
• Eugene William Black, 25, charged with possession of a firearm by a felon in the 400 block of Merritt Ave. on Tuesday.
• Samuel Mack Kirkley, 56, charged with disturbing the peace at 132 N. Main St.