Blotter: Gold Hill man faces felony assault charge
SALISBURY — A Gold Hill man was in jail Sunday after being charged with strangling a woman, nearly causing her to lose consciousness and allegedly telling her that he would slit her throat without remorse, according to arrest warrants.
James Isaac Leonard, 25, was charged with felony assault by strangulation, injury to personal property, communicating threats and interfering with emergency communications.
Leonard was arrested Sunday and remained in jail without a bond.
Arrest warrants said that he put his hands around a woman’s neck, causing her to almost lose consciousness and urinate herself. Leonard also allegedly said that he would slit the woman’s throat and kill her before she could leave, according to arrest warrants.
The charge of injury to personal property is related to damage Leonard allegedly caused to the woman’s phone.
In other reports:
• Jordan Melissa Phillips, 35, of Salisbury, was charged Saturday with two counts of felony possession of a schedule two drugs. Warrants said those drugs were methamphetamine and cocaine.
• Stanley Wade Bailey, 20, of Salisbury, was charged Saturday with carrying a concealed gun, having a gun on educational property and resisting a public officer. Warrants alleged Bailey carried a gun on Livingstone College property.
• Matthew Reynold Roig, 36, of China Grove, was charged Saturday with felony possession of methamphetamine, possession of drug paraphernalia, injury to personal property, assault on a female and second-degree trespassing.
• Shante Rochelle Brown, 32, of Salisbury, was charged Saturday with felony possession of cocaine, possession of a firearm by a felon, simple possession of a schedule two controlled substance and possession of marijuana up to a half ounce.
• Carl Keith Brindle, 33, of Salisbury, was charged Saturday with felony possession of a schedule two controlled substance, two counts of possession of marijuana paraphernalia, possession of marijuana up to half an ounce and violating a domestic violence protective order.
• Ronnie Ray Faulkner, 39, of Randleman, was charged Saturday with felony breaking and entering and felony attempted larceny for two incidents that occurred on earlier in January in Burlington. Faulkner was also charged locally with first degree trespassing, shoplifting and resisting a public officer.
By Shavonne Walker email@example.com SALISBURY — An Asheboro man is facing felony sex offense charges that local investigators said stemmed... read more