Loose leaf collection ending in Kannapolis
KANNAPOLIS — Loose leaf collection will end for Zones 1-5 the week of Feb. 23 and will end for Zones 6-10 the week of March 1. After March 6, the city asks residents to bag any loose leaves you have and place them at the curb for yard waste collection.
Loose leaf collection do’s & don’ts
• Leaves must be placed at the curb or along the ditch line — not in ditches — in rows parallel with the street.
• Place leaves at the curb by 7 a.m. on the day of collection.
• Leaves mixed with limbs, other yard waste, gum balls, gravel, glass or other solid matter will not be collected.
• Leaves in garbage containers will not be collected.
• Leaves must be clear of water meters and fences and placed on the street side of retaining walls.
• Leaves must be clear of sidewalks/street.
To find your loose leaf collection schedule, visit kannapolisnc.gov/looseleaf, or download the free CARTology app in Apple and Google Play stores.
The Annual Membership Meeting of the Historic Gold Hill and Mines Foundation, Inc. will be held on Monday evening February... read more