Blotter: Lexington man accused of cocaine possession during traffic stop
By Shavonne Walker
SALISBURY — A Lexington man was accused of cocaine possession and remains jailed following a Wednesday morning traffic stop, according to Salisbury Police.
George Jensen Jr., 36, of the 400 block of Cid Road, was charged with felony possession of a controlled substance schedule II, misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia and outstanding arrest warrants for misdemeanor transfer a price tag from goods to other goods, felony possession of a controlled substance schedule II, misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia, and two warrants for felony breaking and entering and felony larceny after breaking and entering out of Davidson County.
He remains in the county jail under a $20,000 secured bond. He was pulled over by a Salisbury Police officer at the corner of West Fisher and Lloyd streets. The officer asked if Jensen had any substances in the Chevrolet Malibu, said Detective Travis Shulenburger.
The detective said Jensen told the officer there should not be any illegal substances in the vehicle. Jensen gave the officer consent to search the car. The officer found a plastic container with a white rock inside that was identified as crack cocaine. The officer also found the barrel of a pen that was used as a smoking device.
In other Salisbury Police Department reports
• A woman reported on Monday she was the victim of larceny while in the 800 block of West Jake Alexander Boulevard.
• A woman reported on Monday she was the victim of a burglary in the 1300 block of Tabernacle Street.
• A woman reported on Tuesday she was the victim of credit card fraud while in the 300 block of Faith Road.
• A man reported on Tuesday he was assaulted while in the 500 block of Lincolnton Road.
• A woman reported on Tuesday she was the victim of fraud while in the 200 block of Hannah Avenue.
• Edgar Daniel Hernandez, 24, was charged on Tuesday with misdemeanor assault on a female in the 100 block of Huntington Drive.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports
• A woman reported on Friday she was the victim of a burglary in the 200 block of Cruse Road.
• A woman reported on Friday she was the victim of vandalism following a domestic incident in the 900 block of East N.C. 152, China Grove.
• A child was injured Friday after a dog bite while in the 2900 block of Montana Drive, Kannapolis.
• A woman reported on Friday she was the victim of an assault while in the 400 block of South Enochville Avenue, Kannapolis.
• A man reported on Friday he was the victim of a burglary in the 10700 block of Unity Church Road, Mooresville.
• A man reported on Saturday someone stole his vehicle from Love’s Travel Stop at 1105 Peeler Road.
• Christiana Lutheran Church reported on Saturday the church was the victim of larceny in the 6100 block of U.S. 52
• A woman reported on Saturday she was the victim of a burglary in the 1100 block of Julian Road.
• A woman reported on Sunday someone stole her purse from her unlocked vehicle in the 2500 block of Long Ferry Road.
• Nazareth Children’s Home reported on Sunday the facility was a victim of vandalism at 855 Crescent Road, Rockwell.
• A woman reported on Sunday she was the victim of an assault in the 1200 block of Brookwood Drive.
• A woman reported on Sunday she was the victim of an assault in the 1000 block of Beaten Path Road, China Grove.
• A woman reported on Monday her vehicle struck stop sticks during a vehicle pursuit in the 79000 block of Interstate 845 northbound.
• A man reported on Monday he was the victim of larceny in the 100 block of Pauline Court, China Grove.
SALISBURY — This is the time when the Rowan County Board of Commissioners needs experience, says Craig Pierce, who is... read more