Blotter: Charlotte man charged with using stolen vehicle, fleeing police
Published 12:00 am Monday, January 6, 2020
SALISBURY — A Charlotte man faces charges of using a stolen vehicle, fleeing law enforcement officers and trying to hit an officer with a vehicle.
James Gregory Nickerson, 22, was charged Saturday with felony fleeing or alluding law enforcement, misdemeanor fleeing or alluding law enforcement, felony larceny of a motor vehicle, three counts of hit and run or failing to stop after causing property damage, assault with a deadly weapon on emergency personnel and reckless driving to endanger, according to warrants.
Nickerson allegedly drove away after a sheriff’s deputy attempted to conduct a traffic stop. Warrants stated Nickerson, who was reportedly using a stolen vehicle at East Innes Street and Faith Road, then fled officers, going more than 15 mph over the speed limit. Warrant alleged Nickerson hit a Hyundai car on Faith Road and Chevy Trailblazer and Toyota Tundra on Jake Alexander Boulevard.
Warrants said Nickerson “almost hit” a sheriff’s deputy with a vehicle while driving at the officer.
Nickerson remained in the Rowan County Jail on Sunday under a $75,000 secure bond.
In other warrants:
• Keith Scott Furr, 34, of Salisbury, was charged with assault inflicting serious injury and communicating threats. Furr allegedly, struck a man in the head with a hatchet, creating a 3-inch cut to the right side of the injured man’s scalp.
• William Trevor Keller, 20, of Salisbury, was charged Sunday with discharging a firearm into an occupied dwelling or motor vehicle. Keller allegedly fired a gun into a dwelling on Gold Hill Avenue in Rockwell.
• Jessica Renee Webb, 26, of Salisbury, was charged Sunday with felony possession of methamphetamine and possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Amber Walker, 36, of Kannapolis, was charged with felony possession of a schedule one controlled substance, possession of a controlled substance on jail or prison premises, possession of drug paraphernalia and charges of failure to appear for a school attendance law violation.
• Julie Elaine Thayer, 39, of Salisbury, was charged Saturday with felony possession of a schedule one controlled substance, possession of drug paraphernalia and simple possession of a schedule two controlled substance. Thayer allegedly possessed three metal spoons with drug residue on them, one 15 milligram pill of oxycodone and heroin, warrants stated.
• Nathaniel Bostick, 60, of Kannapolis, was charged Saturday with assault with a deadly weapon.
• Timothy J. Grubb, 38, of Surf City, was charged Saturday with felony possession of methamphetamine, carrying a concealed weapon and possession of drug paraphernalia.
• William Levi Rankin, 27, of Salisbury, was charged Friday with felony interfering with an electronic monitoring device and a parole violation.
• Nathan Ray Miller, 38, was charged Friday with felony possession of methamphetamine and possession of drug paraphernalia.