Salisbury woman faces multiple charges following traffic stop

Published 11:35 am Friday, December 27, 2019

By Shavonne Walker

SALISBURY — A Salisbury woman faces several misdemeanor offenses after police stopped her with an expired license plate and a fictitious license plate registration. The woman has a history of clashing with law enforcement. According to a police report, the woman refused to roll down her window, get out of the car and resisted as officers tried to handcuff her.

Salisbury Police charged Shale Monique Glenn, 26, of the 60 block of Cedar Street, with possession of an open container of alcohol in the passenger seat, misdemeanor driving while license suspended or revoked, misdemeanor resist, obstruct, delay an officer; displaying a fictitious/revoked/suspended registration.

The officer stopped a 2006 Chrysler 300 on Thursday just before 8 p.m. near Marriott Circle. When the officer pulled the vehicle over, the driver, who was later identified as Shale Glenn, refused to roll down her window, said Detective Travis Shulenburger. He said the woman also refused to get out of the car when asked several times by the officer.

The officer noticed an opened container of beer in the car. In a report, the officer said Glenn physically resisted by pulling her hands away when the officer tried to handcuff her. She also refused to get into the patrol car.

Glenn has since been released from the Rowan County Detention Center under a $2,000 secured bond.

Glenn is on probation after she was convicted in October 2018 of injury to personal property. She was charged earlier that year after police said she rammed her ex-boyfriend’s car with her own vehicle. A department report at the time said Glenn rammed the back of her ex-boyfriend’s car and sideswiped his vehicle. He told the officer they were in the process of breaking up and he had a video showing Glenn ramming his car.

Glenn has a history of scuffling with police, according to previous department reports. In July 2014, she refused to leave her mother’s house after they argued. Police said the mother called the police because she wanted her daughter gone. Police arrested Glenn during that incident; once inside the patrol vehicle, she damaged the door by kicking it. Police had to shackle her feet.

In May 2014, Glenn threatened to assault a woman she said cut her off in a restaurant parking lot. Police responded and tried to arrest Glenn, who struggled. She had to be drive stunned with a Taser. In 2011, Glenn was convicted of assault on a public official. She was convicted in 2009 of assault on an officer and resisting arrest.