Blotter: Marijuana citation issued to man sleeping in car
Published 12:00 am Tuesday, December 17, 2019
By Shavonne Walker
SALISBURY — Police issued a citation to a man for marijuana possession after an officer stumbled upon two people sleeping inside a vehicle parked at an apartment complex, according to a department report.
Taikwon Cunningham, 21, was cited with misdemeanor possession of a Schedule VI and misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia. He was the driver, who had a juvenile passenger in the vehicle, said police detective Russ DeSantis.
An officer approached the vehicle and smelled marijuana, according to police. Cunningham admitted to smoking marijuana earlier in the day. The officer asked that Cunningham get out of the vehicle. The officer searched the vehicle and found a digital scale, a knife, brass knuckles and less than an ounce of marijuana.
In other Salisbury Police reports
• A man reported on Friday he was the victim of a knife assault while in the 200 block of West D Avenue.
• A man reported on Saturday someone stole items from his vehicle while parked at Quality Inn & Suites, 825 Klumac Road.
• A man reported on Saturday someone stole multiple items from his vehicle parked at the Hampton Inn, 1001 Klumac Road.
• A man reported on Saturday his property was broken into in the 1000 block of Matika Drive.
• A woman reported on Saturday she was the victim of assault and vandalism while in the 1000 block of Freeland Drive.
• A woman reported on Saturday someone stole items from her vehicle while in the 500 block of Cedar Street.
• A man reported on Saturday his residence was broken into in the 100 block of West Steele Street.
• A man reported on Saturday he was the victim of a robbery while in the hospital parking lot.
• A woman reported on Sunday she was assaulted as a result of a domestic incident while in the 600 block of Statesville Boulevard.
• A man reported on Sunday someone stole items from his vehicle parked in the 600 block of Lincolnton Road.
• Kyle Allen Perkins, 36, was charged on Saturday with felony possession of a controlled substance Schedule II while in the 1300 block of North Long and Laurel streets.
• Daniel Scott Yates, 28, was charged on Saturday with felony possession of a controlled substance Schedule I while at Enterprise Car Rental, 315 Bendix Drive.
• Kelsey Gayle Mayers, 23, was charged on Saturday with felony possession of a controlled substance Schedule II while at Enterprise Car Rental.