Blotter: Man assaulted, robbed on Merritt Avenue
SALISBURY — A man was robbed in the 200 block of South Merritt Avenue after returning from a trip to a nearby drugstore.
According to the Salisbury Police Department, two men were involved in the attack. One of them hit the victim until he was able to take his money.
The man punched the victim in the face, knocked him to the ground, and continued to punch him in the face.
The victim drove himself home, and someone there took him to the hospital, which contacted the Police Department.
The attackers were described as two black men. The victim said one of them was 5 feet tall with short hair and of medium weight.
The victim did not have a full description of the second suspect.
The victim was treated and released from the hospital.
Anyone with any information is urged to contact the Salisbury Police Department at 704-638-5333.
In other Salisbury Police Department reports:
• A man reported a robbery in the 700 block of North Long Street on Tuesday morning.
• A woman reported an assault in the 500 block of East Horah Street on Tuesday evening.
• A woman reported a stolen vehicle in the 1700 block of Second Street on Wednesday.
• Tractor Supply Co. reported a larceny in the 400 block of South Jake Alexander Boulevard on Thursday evening.
• Joseph David Ridley, 67, was charged Tuesday with assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury.
• Robert Lee Payne, 40, was charged Tuesday with assault on a female.