• 64°

Rowan weather: Another beautiful day

Today will be another sunny day, with a high of 56 and west wind at 3-6 mph.

Tonight will be partly cloudy and cold, with a low of 34. Light winds will be from the southeast.

Friday will be mostly cloudy and 56, with a 30 percent chance of rain after 3 p.m. Winds will be southwest at 5-7 mph in the afternoon.

Friday night will be mostly cloudy and 37, with calm wind.

Saturday will be partly sunny and 50, with northeast wind at 3-6 mph. It will be a partly cloudy night, with a low of 30.

Sunday will be mostly sunny and 50. A 50 percent chance of showers is possible after 11 p.m., with mostly cloudy skies and a low of 41.

Monday brings more showers, with a 60 percent chance of rain. Showers will be mainly before 5 p.m. It will be cloudy and 56.

Showers are likely Monday night, too, with a 60 percent chance of rain. The low will be just 52.

Tuesday will also have a 60 percent chance of showers. It will be cloudy and 63. The chance of rain goes down to 40 percent. It will be mostly cloudy, with a low of 36.

Wednesday will be mostly sunny and chilly, with a high of 47.

Comments

Coronavirus

Rowan County sees 301st death from COVID-19

Coronavirus

N.C. lawmakers advance bill barring mandatory COVID-19 shots

Local

Rowan Public Library joins initiative to help people with digital connectivity

Local

Mocksville to dissolve police department

Crime

Blotter: May 5

Local

Salisbury’s McElroy named top city, county communications professional in state

Local

Locals condemn use of force during 2019 traffic stop of Georgia woman

Kannapolis

Back and better than ever: Cannon Ballers kick off inaugural season in Atrium Health Ballpark

News

NC police reform package approved by Senate committee

News

Rowan County Health Department receives $5,000 grant to fund prenatal oral health program

Local

City outlines use of federal HUD funds, approves NCDOT project to create U-turn bulb near Morlan Park Road

Local

Salisbury VA staff make the day for veterans with visitation parade

Kannapolis

Minor League baseball: Wood Ducks top Cannon Ballers in season opener

News

NC Senate eases caps on income, grants for K-12 scholarships

Nation/World

Biden aims to vaccinate 70% of American adults by July 4

Local

Cheerwine now accepting entries for festival’s T-shirt design contest

Coronavirus

North Carolina reports fewer than 1,000 COVID-19 positives

Local

Post accepting submissions for Mother’s Day photos, stories

Business

Perkins Cafeteria plans for July opening, looks to provide ‘wholesome, quality meals’

Local

Commissioners finalize grant application for Woodleaf Community Park

Landis

Landis board gets first look at budget that decreases town’s residential electric rates

Local

City to discuss two traffic-related measures, hold public hearing for use of federal funds

Local

Summer Fun: In-person camps are back this year

High School

High school baseball: South’s Deal will play at Methodist