Gold Hill ‘Christmas in the Village’ is this weekend
Published 12:00 am Thursday, December 5, 2019
By Vivian Hopkins, Historic Gold Hill and Mines Foundation
Official kickoff Friday • 6 p.m.
GOLD HILL — Gold Hill will come alive with the spirit of Christmas this weekend as merchants host the annual “Christmas in the Village.”
Santa will officially kick off the event, arriving with escort on a Fire Truck at Mama T’s Restaurant Friday at 6 p.m.
Carl White’s “Life in the Carolinas TV” production and film crews will be on hand once again to capture the weekend’s events for the 2019 Christmas Special, “A Carolinas Heritage Christmas.”
Admission and all events are free. Light refreshments will be available in each shop. Be sure to drop your letter to Santa off at River Pines Pottery on any of the days. Shops are open 11 a.m.-8 p.m. daily and Sunday 1- 5 p.m.
Schedule of events:
Thursday, Dec. 5
Efird Family Singers Christmas Show, 7 p.m. at Montgomery General Store
Friday, Dec. 6
• Santa arrives at Mama T’s at 6 p.m.
• Santa in the Arbor by the fireplace for photos (7-8 p.m.)
• Marshmallow roasting at the fire pit behind Southern Belles & Pearls (6-8 p.m.)
• Montgomery Store Jam, 7-9 p.m.
Saturday, Dec. 7
• Breakfast with Santa at Mama T’s (9 a.m.)
• Crafting at Mama T’s (10-11 a.m.)
•Santa in the Arbor by the fireplace for photos (11 a.m.-3 p.m.)
• Hayrides around the Village, 2-5 p.m.
• Marshmallow roasting at the fire pit behind Southern Belles & Pearls (noon-8 p.m.)
• Live Nativity at the Arbor (4 p.m., 4:30 p.m., 5 p.m., 6 p.m., 7 p.m.)
• Christmas Story reading by the fireplace at the Arbor (5:30-6 p.m.)
• Danny Bowers Banjo Christmas at Montgomery Store at 2 p.m.
• Christmastime in the Church – Candlelight stories and beverage served in fellowship hall, Gold Hill United Methodist Church (5-8 p.m.)
• Music by Bob Trice & Wendy at Mama T’s (5-8 p.m.)
• Bluegrass Musical Production “Christmas Time Back Home” at Montgomery Store (6- 7:30 p.m.)
Sunday, Dec. 8
• Cookie decorating at the Key Kabin (1-2 p.m.)
• Christmas Carols Strolling (2-4 p.m.)
• Santa in the Arbor by the fireplace for photos (3-5 p.m.)
• Christmas Face Painting at the Key Kabin (3-5 p.m.)
• Karaoke at Mama T’s (5-8 p.m.)