Man using walker injured in strong-arm robbery near Post Office
SALISBURY — A man using a walker was injured and robbed at gunpoint while getting into his vehicle just outside the Postal Office on Tuesday morning, according to the Salisbury Police Department.
The man, 50, was leaving the building, at 605 E. Innes St., using a walker to get to his vehicle when a man walked up behind him with a handgun. The man jumped into the driver’s side of the car and took the man’s wallet, said police spokesman Lt. Greg Beam.
A police K-9 unit was called to the scene to search for the robber, but he was not found. The victim had some neck pain and requested to be check by Emergency Medical Services.
In other Salisbury Police reports:
• A man reported Monday that someone stole items from his vehicle while parked at the hospital, 612 Mocksville Ave.
• A man reported Monday that someone stole belongings from his vehicle in the 500 block of Park Avenue.
• A man reported a burglary Monday in the 1000 block of Matika Drive.
• Duke Energy reported Monday that someone pulled an electric meter off a residence and used two nails to reconnect the power in the 1000 block of North Titan Drive.
• O’Reilly Automotive reported vandalism Monday sometime between Nov. 29 and Monday.
• A woman reported an assault Monday in the 1200 block of Park Avenue.
• A man reported Tuesday that a stereo was stolen off an all-terrain vehicle in the 1700 block of West Jake Alexander Boulevard.
• A man reported Tuesday he was punched in the mouth and kicked while on the ground and his pockets were searched in the 700 block of North Long Street and Bringle Ferry Road.
• A woman reported an assault Tuesday in the 700 block of Cherry Street.
• A woman reported Tuesday that someone broke windows in her home with a brick in the 100 block of Chestnut Street.
• Dalton Craig Benson, 24, was charged Monday with felony possession of heroin in the 900 block of South Jake Alexander Boulevard.
• Telvin Maurice Morgan, 28, was charged Tuesday with common law robbery in the 600 block of North Shaver Street and East Lafayette Street.
• Joseph David Ridley, 67, was charged Tuesday with felony assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injuries in the 500 block of East Horah Street.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
• Duke Energy reported Monday that someone stole copper and aluminum wire from a work site in the 1200 block of Long Ferry Road.
• A woman reported a stolen firearm Monday in the 200 block of Miller Chapel Road.
• A woman reported a stolen debit card Monday at Ichiban Japanese restaurant, 1005 Klumac Road.
• A woman reported a theft Monday in the 1300 block of Rankin Road, Cleveland.
• Duke Energy reported a stolen power meter Monday in the 1000 block of Linn Road, China Grove.
• Taylor Lawn Care reported a larceny Monday in the 4700 block of N.C. 801, Woodleaf.
• A man reported credit-card fraud Monday in the 1300 block of Gracebook Drive.
• A woman reported credit-card fraud Monday in the 2800 block of Shue Road.
• Vincent Jamarr Price, 33, was charged Monday with cyberstalking at the Rowan County Magistrate’s Office.
• Aaron Kyle Yarborough, 28, was charged Monday with felony possession of heroin at the Rowan County Magistrate’s Office.
CHARLOTTE – Duke Energy, Piedmont Natural Gas and Better Business Bureau of Southern Piedmont and Western North Carolina are joining... read more