Blotter: $500 arcade prize stolen at Zion Hill Apartments
SALISBURY – The Salisbury Police Department is investigating a robbery and assault in the 1600 block of Standish Street at Zion Hill Apartments early Sunday morning.
The victim was robbed of a $500 winning prize after leaving a local gaming arcade, then later assaulted, according to a police report.
He was approached at the apartment complex by two black men, one described as wearing a mask.
The assailants struck the man in the head with a gun, then stole his iPhone, the $500 cash prize, tennis shoes, and clothing, the report said.
The victim was taken to a nearby hospital for treatment of his injuries. No arrests had been made Monday.
Anyone with information is urged to contact the Police Department.
In other Salisbury Police Department reports:
• Walmart on South Arlington Street reported a theft Friday evening.
• Kohl’s on Klumac Road reported a theft Friday evening.
• A man reported a theft in the 800 block of North Fulton Street on Friday evening.
• Walgreens on West Innes Street reported a theft Saturday afternoon.
• A man reported a vehicle theft in the 200 block of Ridge Avenue on Sunday morning.
• A woman reported a theft in the 500 block of East Fisher Street on Saturday.
• Gamestop on Faith Road reported a theft Saturday afternoon.
• Christina Marie Bates, 43, was charged with larceny in the 300 block of South Arlington Street on Friday.
• Jesus Pratt, 28, was charged with assault on a female in the 100 block of Laurel Pointe Circle on Monday.
From staff and wire reports RALEIGH — North Carolina judges ordered that a new U.S. House district map that Republican... read more