Blotter: Two charged with drugs, weapons offenses
SALISBURY — Two people were arrested on drug and weapons charges after an investigation by a joint task force that targets the most violent offenders in Rowan County, according to Salisbury Police.
Police charged Antoine Alfonzo Holmes, 41, of the 100 block of North Craige Street, Apartment D, with felony possession with intent to manufacture a controlled substance Schedule I, felony possession of a controlled substance with the intent to manufacture a Schedule II substance, and felony possession of a weapon by a felon.
He was held in the Rowan County Detention Center under no bond.
According to a police report, Holmes was arrested Tuesday on an outstanding federal indictment. On Wednesday, he had a first appearance in federal court in Winston-Salem.
Marquise Sential Robinson, 26, of the 200 block of Vanderford Street, was charged Tuesday with possession of cocaine with the intent to distribute on an outstanding federal indictment. He was held in the Rowan County jail under no bond and has since been transferred.
The task force is a partnership among the Salisbury Police Department, Rowan County Sheriff’s Office, U.S. Department of Homeland Security, and U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.
In other Salisbury Police Department reports:
• A woman reported a stolen vehicle Monday in the 100 block of Ryan Street.
• U-Haul of Charlotte reported stolen automobile accessories in the 1300 block of West Jake Alexander Boulevard.
• A woman reported a shooting into an occupied property Monday in the 700 block of North Lee Street.
• A man reported Tuesday that someone stole his belongings from his vehicle while it was parked at the Hampton Inn, 1001 Klumac Road.
• A man reported a vandalized vehicle Tuesday at the Holiday Inn Express, 125 Marriott Circle.
• A woman reported fraud Tuesday in the 200 block of Faith Road.
• A woman reported Tuesday that someone stole items from her vehicle while parked in the 900 block of East Lafayette Street.
• A woman reported Tuesday that someone stole her belongings from her vehicle while parked at Wallace Commons, 1349 Klumac Road.
• Heriberto Polito, 29, was charged Monday with felony possession of a controlled substance on penal institution premises.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
• Fortune Horizon Riversweep reported Monday that on Nov. 17, someone broke into the business, located in the 3300 block of Old Mocksville Road.
• A man reported Monday he was scammed over the phone to send money via gift cards in the 5600 block of Statesville Boulevard.
• A man reported a larceny Monday in the 200 block of Cedar Brook Drive, Kannapolis.