Blotter: Salisbury woman accused of stealing cigars from tobacco house
SALISBURY — Tobacco Discount House reported that a woman took 21 black and mild cigars from the store Friday evening. The woman was arrested and the cigars were recovered, according to Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports.
The Sheriff’s Office charged Judy Le, 22,of the 300 block of Chamblee Drive, with misdemeanor larceny and second-degree trespassing at the business, located at 2580 Airport Road.
In other Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
• A man reported Friday that someone stole his belongings in the 6700 block of Statesville Boulevard.
• A man reported a larceny Friday in the 700 block of Red Acres Road.
• A woman reported Friday that someone stole items from her vehicle while parked in the 3600 blok of Needmore Road.
• A man reported a stolen lawn mower Friday in the 1000 block of Meah Lane.
• A woman reported an assault Friday in the 500 block of Hannah Ferry Road.
• A woman reported Friday that she caught someone breaking into an outbuilding in the 4500 block of Old Concord Road.
• A man reported stolen items Saturday in the 4800 block of Bringle Ferry Road.
• A man reported fraud Saturday in the 700 block of Trexler Road.
• A woman reported Saturday that someone opened an account in her name in the 200 block of Tanglewood Drive, Kannapolis.
• A man reported that his wife hit him in the eye with her cellphone during an argument in the 500 block of Miller Road, China Grove.
• A man reported Sunday that someone attempted to use his stolen debit/credit card in the 2700 block of West Innes Street.
• Jawuan Cordell Love, 26, was charged Friday with felony first-degree burglary at the Rowan County Magistrate’s Office.
• David Scott Walters, 24, was charged Friday with misdemeanor assault with a deadly weapon in the 500 block of Hannah Ferry Road.
• Kevin Dewayne Ghent, 37, was charged Saturday with felony breaking and entering in the 4500 block of Old Concord Road.
• Teri Lynn Covello, 34, was charged Saturday with felony larceny of a motor vehicle at the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office.
• Julio Oliva Esquivel, 24, was charged Saturday with misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance Schedule VI in the 1100 block of Roseman and Camp roads.
• Deara Nicole Fisher, 27, was charged Saturday with misdemeanor child abuse in the 100 block of Ryan Patrick Drive.
The Salisbury Post will distribute its Thanksgiving edition — one of the biggest editions of the year with Black Friday... read more