Blotter: Man robbed, beaten after meeting woman through dating app
SALISBURY — A 20-year-old man was beaten and robbed Thursday morning near an East Lafayette Street apartment after he agreed to meet a woman he met through a dating app, according to the Salisbury Police Department.
The man flagged down an officer who was on patrol about 2:45 a.m. and told him he had been assaulted. The man had a large bump on the side of his head, according to police Capt. Brian Stallings.
He told police that two men wearing blue bandanas punched him in the face and one of them went through his pockets. The men took his Louis Vuitton belt, a NASA brand flight jacket, his North Carolina ID card, his college ID, a dorm room key, and an iPhone X.
The man took the officer to the area where he was assaulted. Stallings said the officer saw two people who matched the description of the suspects near an apartment complex who took off running. A police K-9 unit searched the area but did not locate anyone.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Salisbury Police Department at 704-638-5333 or Salisbury-Rowan CrimeStoppers at 866-639-5245.
In other Salisbury Police Department reports:
• A man reported Tuesday that a Georgia license plate was stolen from a vehicle parked at the Auto Zone store, 325 E. Innes St.
• A man reported a larceny Tuesday in the 3500 block of South Main Street.
• Someone took items Wednesday from Canteen Vending Service inside Novant Health Rowan Medical Center, 612 Mocksville Ave.
• Emkay Inc. Trust reported Wednesday that a vehicle was stolen from the business, 629 S. Jake Alexander Blvd.
• Police are investigating a possible break-in at a storage unit in the 700 block of Laurel Pointe Circle.
• A man reported a home break-in Thursday in the 1000 block of Highland Avenue.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
• A woman reported Tuesday that someone made unauthorized ATM transactions on her account in the 2700 block of West C Street, Kannapolis.
• A man reported a larceny Tuesday in the 10500 block of Old Beatty Ford Road, Rockwell.
• A man reported an assault Tuesday in the 3700 block of Dunn’s Mountain Road.
• A woman reported vandalism Tuesday in the 600 block of Kepley Road.
• A woman reported a larceny Tuesday in the 200 block of Honeysuckle Lane.
• A woman reported Tuesday that someone forced his way into her property in the 200 block of Dappler Lane.
• Erick Jose Santos, 22, was charged Tuesday with misdemeanor fleeing to elude arrest with a motor vehicle at the Rowan County Magistrate’s Office.
• Marissa Kaye Cook, 27, was charged Tuesday with misdemeanor larceny in the 9800 block of Old Beatty Ford Road, Rockwell.
• Lewis Adam Wallace, 40, was charged Tuesday with misdemeanor simple assault in the 3700 block of Dunn’s Mountain Road.
• Kevin Gerrod Freeman, 37, was charged Tuesday with misdemeanor assault on a female in the 1000 block of Airport and Cedar Springs roads.
• Hayley Nicole Purvis, 26, was charged Tuesday with felony possession of a controlled substance Schedule I in the 4800 block of Old Beatty Ford Road, China Grove.
• Dylan Michael Purvis, 24, was charged Tuesday with misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia in the 4800 block of Old Beatty Ford Road, China Grove.
• Jimmy Wayne Foushee, 29, was charged Tuesday with failure of a sex offender to notify authorities of an address change in the 1900 block of North U.S. 29.