Intoxicated man charged with calling 911 to locate his liquor
SALISBURY — A Salisbury man repeatedly called 911 to ask police to locate his bottle of liquor, according to a Salisbury Police Department report.
The man has a history of calling 911 for such matters, the report said.
Montreal Barber, 45, of the 1000 block of South Fulton Street, was charged Thursday with misdemeanor misuse of 911.
Barber called 911 to say he was hearing things at his home. An officer responded but found nothing wrong, said police Lt. Greg Beam.
Barber called again about 2:30 a.m. and said he wanted a drink. He accused the officer of taking his expensive liquor.
Barber was issued a secured $100 bond.
In other Salisbury Police Department reports:
• A man reported Wednesday that items were stolen from his vehicle in the 200 block of Castlewood Drive.
• A woman reported an assault Wednesday in the 600 block of South Shaver Street.
• Daniel George, 19, was charged Wednesday with misdemeanor assault on a female in the 600 block of South Shaver Street.
• Quandaus Zave Lamonte Gaither, 21, was charged Tuesday with felony robbery with a dangerous weapon.
• Robert Arthur Scott, 45, was charged Thursday with felony possession of a controlled substance Schedule II in the 2200 block of Statesville Boulevard.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
• A West Rowan Middle School student reported Wednesday that she was assaulted by another student at the school, 5925 Statesville Blvd.
• Kluttz Garage and Wrecker reported Wednesday the theft of catalytic converters in the 200 block of Watkins Farm Road, Woodleaf.
• A woman reported an assault Thursday in the 2200 block of Seventh Street.
• Tiffany L. Rhea, 37, was charged Wednesday with misdemeanor assault of a child at the Sheriff’s Office.
SALISBURY — The Salisbury Police Department will host a candlelight vigil for the survivors of homicide victims to show support... read more