Would-be thief attempts break-in at Jerry’s Shell
By Shavonne Walker
SALISBURY — Jerry’s Shell reported Monday that someone tried to break into the business between 10 p.m. Sunday and 7 a.m. Monday by attempting to throw a metal object through a window, according to a Salisbury Police Department report.
The glass was cracked but did not break. The intruder was not able to gain inside the business, which is at 600 W. Jake Alexander Blvd. Police are investigating.
In other Salisbury Police Department reports:
• A man reported Sunday that items were stolen from his vehicle while it was parked at the Hampton Inn hotel, 1001 Klumac Road.
• A man reported a break-in Sunday in the 500 block of Brenner Avenue.
• A man reported Monday that copper wiring was stolen from Salisbury Metal Fabrication, 100 Dolly Madison Road.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
• A woman reported vandalism Sunday in the 3600 block of Daughtery Road, China Grove.
• A woman reported a burglary Sunday in the 500 block of Deck Lane.
• A woman reported an attempted break-in Monday in the 400 block of Mandolin Street, China Grove.
• A man reported a stolen vehicle Monday in the 100 block of Wakefield Drive.
• Clarissa Dawn Calloway, 27, was charged Saturday with felony possession of a controlled substance Schedule II in the 1100 block of Shuping Mill Road.
• Jerry Dean Sadler, 40, was charged Sunday with misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance Schedule III in the 500 block of Charolais Drive.
• Steve Houston Corriher, 28, was charged Sunday with felony possession of a firearm by a felon in the 100 block of Densmore Lane.
• Michael Corey Lee, 31, was charged Monday with felony common law robbery in the 1600 block of Emmanuel Church Road, Rockwell.
• Vickie Henderson, 32, was charged Monday with a federal probation violation in the 100 block of South Titan Drive.
By Shavonne Walker email@example.com SALISBURY — A Salisbury woman who had been drinking said she accidentally ran over her fiancé... read more