Blotter: Sex offender failed to notify law enforcement of Facebook page
SALISBURY — A registered sex offender was charged Tuesday with failing to notify the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office that she had a social media account.
According to Capt. John Sifford, sex offenders can have a social media page but they must tell a law enforcement agency how the page is listed.
Shanna Jones, 39, was charged with failing to notify the agency of her online identifier after she set up a Facebook page.
In 1999, Jones was convicted of indecent assault of a child under age 13 in Pennsylvania. In April, Jones was placed on the Sheriff’s Office’s most-wanted list for not notifying the agency of a change of address.
In other Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
• Lisa Amanda Threatte, 36, was charged Tuesday with felony possession of a controlled substance Schedule I at Dunn’s Mountain Park.
• A woman reported three larcenies from Sept. 10 to Oct. 25 in the 1200 block of Daugherty Road, China Grove.
• A man reported an armed robbery Monday in the 300 block of Phillips Avenue, Landis.
• A woman reported an assault Monday in the 400 block of Choate Road, Salisbury.
• A man reported shots fired into a dwelling Monday in the 4800 block of Bringle Ferry Road.
• A woman reported a larceny Monday in the 400 block of Peach Orchard Lane, Salisbury.
• Jonathan Wayne Nix, 31, was charged Monday with misdemeanor unauthorized use of a motor vehicle in the 100 block of Autumn Glen Drive, Rockwell.
• Braden Eugene Lawing, 28, was charged with felony possession of stolen goods Monday.
• Reginald Malcolm Bailey, 56, charged with misdemeanor communicating threats Monday.
• Tammy Byars Jordan, 62, was charged with felony larceny Monday.
• Tyler Donnet Terry, 25, was charged with misdemeanor assault with a deadly weapon Monday.
• Joshua Wayne Sheppard, 33, was charged Monday with two counts of felony being a fugitive from justice in the 5800 block of South Main Street, Salisbury.
• Baron Jose Virgen, 20 was charged with misdemeanor possession of marijuana paraphernalia Monday.
In Salisbury Police Department reports:
• Tammie Nicole Smith, 40, was charged with misdemeanor making a false report to police in the 700 block of Maple Avenue on Wednesday.
• Savanna Short, 17, was charged Wednesday with misdemeanor simple possession of a Schedule III controlled substance at the Burger King on East Innes Street.
• Krysti Brishay Poston, 18, was charged with felony receiving or transferring a stolen vehicle at Burger King on East Innes Street on Wednesday.
• Carmazone, at 428 S. Jake Alexander Blvd., reported an attempted vehicle theft Tuesday morning.
• A woman reported the theft of automobile accessories overnight Monday in the 100 block of Donner Drive.
• Alexis Kierra Veale, 24, was charged with possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia Tuesday in the 500 block of South Ellis Street after a traffic stop.
• Dollar Tree, at 1935 W. Jake Alexander Blvd., reported shoplifting Tuesday night. A woman concealed items in her pocket and walked out of the store.
• While on foot patrol early Thursday morning, an officer discovered a vehicle break-in at the Courtyard by Marriott Salisbury.
• A man reported a robbery on Carolina Boulevard overnight Wednesday.
ROCKWELL — Grace Lower Stone Reformed Church will celebrate All Saints’ Sunday this weekend with an outdoor vespers service in... read more