Blotter: Kohl’s employee charged with stealing from register
Published 9:46 pm Friday, November 1, 2019
SALISBURY – An employee of Kohl’s on Klumac Road was charged Thursday with stealing money from a cash register, according to the Salisbury Police Department.
Maesha Janquell McCallister, 19, was charged with larceny by an employee.
According to a police report, McCallister confessed to stealing money after being questioned by Kohl’s management. The department store will conduct an internal investigation.
McCallister was taken to the Rowan County Magistrate’s Office and issued a $500 secured bond.
In other Salisbury Police Department reports:
• Carmazone on South Jake Alexander Boulevard reported a vehicle theft Tuesday morning.
• Dollar Tree on West Jake Alexander Boulevard reported a larceny Wednesday morning.
• Pop Shoppe on East Innes Street reported a larceny Wednesday evening.
• Alexia Kierra Veale, 24, was charged with simple possession of a controlled substance Tuesday.
• Kerry Marie McKinnon, 53 was charged with simple assault and battery Thursday.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
• A man reported a burglary in the 1500 block of Julian Road on Wednesday.
• Leon Melton, 56, was charged with assault on a female Wednesday.
• A man reported a larceny in the 100 and 200 blocks of Lakefront Drive on Wednesday.