Blotter: Shooting reported in Sheetz parking lot
SALISBURY — Detectives are looking for a man involved in an early-morning shooting in the Sheetz convenience store parking lot.
According to the Salisbury Police Department, someone reported shots fired in the parking lot, 1405 Old Concord Road, at 3:30 a.m. Tuesday. Officers in the area heard the shots.
Police received a report shortly after 8 a.m. that the person they were looking had returned near the store. Officers chased the suspect on Old Concord Road and in the area of Reamer Circle. The man ran on foot and eluded pursuing officers.
In other Salisbury Police Department reports:
• A man reported Sunday that someone stole items from his vehicle parked in the 600 block of Statesville Boulevard.
• A woman reported an assault Sunday in the 1900 block of South Jake Alexander Boulevard.
• A man reported an assault Monday in the 1600 block of Standish Street.
• A woman reported Monday that someone stole belongings from her vehicle parked in the 800 block of West Jake Alexander Boulevard.
• A man reported credit card fraud Tuesday in the 1000 block of Freeland Drive.
• A man reported a burglary Tuesday in the 400 block of Clancy Street.
• Latrice Nicole Brown, 33, was charged Monday with misdemeanor simple assault in the 900 block of West Horah Street.
• Aliyah Shanece Pruitt, 21, was charged Tuesday with misdemeanor simple possession of marijuana in the 1500 block of South Jake Alexander Boulevard.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
• A man reported that jewelry was stolen Monday in the 100 block of Jan Mar Drive, China Grove.
• A man reported a burglary Monday in the 10100 block of Cool Springs Road, Woodleaf.
SALISBURY — A Winston-Salem man was charged with heroin trafficking after a Tuesday evening vehicle chase. Authorities with the Rowan... read more