Blotter: Police investigate shots fired at Salisbury apartment
By Liz Moomey
SALISBURY — Gunshots were reported at a Salisbury apartment complex Thursday night.
A Salisbury Village at Castlewood resident reported hearing a loud bang in the apartment above him.
According to the report, a gun was thrown on a bed and fired twice.
Police have not been able to speak to the owner of the gun yet and say it’s an active investigation.
In other Salisbury Police Department reports:
• Novant Rowan Regional Medical Center reported a disturbance in the lobby early Saturday morning.
• Grays Chapel Church, at 229 S. Shaver St., reported vandalism between Sept. 29 and Oct. 1.
• Sonja Ann Shaw, 56, was charged Saturday with misdemeanor larceny at Walmart.
• Eric Carpenter Johnson, 50, and Reanna Darby Reid, 38, were charged Saturday with misdemeanor larceny at Sheetz, 1520 S. Jake Alexander Blvd.
• Old Navy reported a larceny Sunday.
• A woman reported a larceny at Walmart on Sunday.
• A woman reported vandalism Monday in the 400 block of West Horah Street.
• An adult man asked a 16-year-old girl to send him nude pictures, according to a Monday report.
• A elderly resident of Accordius Heath of Salisbury reported Monday that items were missing after she returned from a week in a hospital.
• A man reported a burglary Monday in the 700 block of Bringle Ferry Road.
• A woman on Monday reported a stolen iPhone in the 500 block of West Jake Alexander Boulevard.
• Symone Knox, 27, was charged Saturday with second-degree trespassing in the 600 block of Mocksville Avenue.
• James Michael Cathcart, 30, was charged Saturday with resisting arrest in the 500 block of Brenner Avenue.
• Jerry Hawthorne Wall, 56, was charged Monday with felony assault inflicting serious bodily injury in the 2300 block of Statesville Boulevard.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
• A man reported the theft of home appliances Friday in the 100 block of Lakefront Drive, Salisbury.
• A man reported a stolen trailer Friday in the 1400 block of Saw Road, China Grove.
• Omar Macias Rogel, 16 was charged Friday with misdemeanor assault at West Rowan High School.
• Brian Nathan Brown, 37, was charged Friday with assault on a female in the 900 block of North Main Street, Rockwell.
• Jennifer Hope Yates, 29, was charged Friday with possession of a stolen vehicle in the 10500 block of Beatty Ford Road, Rockwell.
• Katrina Marie Hughes, 32, was charged Friday with misdemeanor simple assault in the 1000 block of Heatherdale Road, Salisbury.
• Mason Wayne Cornelius, 20, was charged Saturday with misdemeanor simple assault in the 100 block of Anthony Road, Rockwell.
• Justin Brent Miller, 40, was charged Saturday with felony breaking and entering at the Rowan County Magistrate’s Office.
• Elizabeth Grace Hefner, 25, was charged Sunday with misdemeanor simple assault and battery in the 500 block of Stafford Estates Drive, Salisbury.
• Jason Michael Bolin, 39, was charged Sunday with felony breaking and entering in the 1100 block of Burchette Drive, Rockwell.
SALISBURY — Compared to neighboring cities, Salisbury’s land development ordinance has not inhibited developers from investing in the city, according... read more