Kellie Pickler to perform at NC Music Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
Published 12:00 am Thursday, October 3, 2019
7:15-10:45 p.m. Oct. 17
KANNAPOLIS — The North Carolina Department of Natural and Cultural Resources announces the five 2019 individuals that will be inducted into the North Carolina Music Hall of Fame:
• Elizabeth Cotten – Grammy Award winning blues and folk musician born in Carrboro;
• 9th Wonder – Hip-Hop producer, record executive, rapper, and lecturer born in Winston-Salem.
• Merle Watson – Two time Grammy Award winning folk/bluegrass guitarist born in Deep Gap.
• Mitch Easter – Producer, musician, and songwriter born in Winston-Salem.
• Big Daddy Kane – Grammy Award winning hip-hop recording artist and actor from Raleigh.
Inductees Pastor Shirley Caesar and Kellie Pickler will perform, along with David Holt, Mitch Easter and the Carolina Panthers Drum Line.
The official induction of the 2019 class will take place on Oct. 17 at a red carpet ceremony at the the historic Gem Theatre, 111 W 1st St,. The ceremony is open to the public and includes a pre-ceremony reception for VIP ticket holders, and live performances by NCMHOF inductees.
The non-profit North Carolina Music Hall of Fame, 600 Dale Earnhardt Blvd., is open to the public Monday-Friday 10 am-12 pm and 1-4 pm.
For more information about the Hall of Fame or to purchase tickets to the 2019 Induction Ceremony go to the NCMHOF website: NorthCarolinaMusicHallofFame.org