Blotter: Student charged with disorderly conduct
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
• A toolbox was stolen off the back of a truck Tuesday in the 600 block of Graham Road, Mount Ulla.
• A West Rowan Middle School student was charged Tuesday with disorderly conduct and disrupting students. The student was referred to teen court.
• A woman reported fraudulent activity Tuesday in the 100 block of Windmill Road.
• White Rock Church, at 785 White Rock Avenue, Granite Quarry, reported fraud Tuesday.
• A woman reported credit-card fraud Tuesday in the 600 block of Cornelius Road, Rockwell.
• A woman reported Tuesday that someone stole an heating and air conditioning unit from a home in the 400 block of Spring Garden Avenue, Kannapolis.
• Freds Lee Jenkins, 44, was charged Tuesday with misdemeanor simple possession of a Schedule VI controlled substance in the 800 block of South Salisbury Avenue, Granite Quarry.
• Jonathan Eugene Barnette, 37, was charged Tuesday with felony possession of a controlled substance Schedule II at the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office.
• Dundrielle Lafrank Blakeney, 40, was charged Tuesday with felony discharging a firearm into occupied property at the Rowan Magistrate’s Office.
GRANITE QUARRY — Former East Rowan High School athletic standout Walter Sifford almost didn’t survive an April 12, 2010, Bobcat... read more