Police serve warrants, find man with cocaine
Published 6:47 pm Tuesday, September 10, 2019
SALISBURY — A Salisbury man was charged with cocaine possession after someone who knew police were looking for him spotted him near Towne Creek shopping center.
When officers stopped the man, a search turned up a packet of cigarettes that contained 0.7 grams of powder cocaine and 0.6 grams of crack cocaine.
The Salisbury Police Department charged Ray Paul Hodges, 58, of the 1100 block of Joy Street, with felony possession of a controlled substance Schedule II and misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia.
He remains in the Rowan County Detention Center under a $1,000 secured bond for the drug offenses and $4,000 for charges of assault on a female, assault with serious bodily injuries and failure to appear in court.
In other Salisbury police reports:
• A man reported a burglary Monday in the 300 block of Old Concord Road.
• A woman reported an assault Monday in the 700 block of Maple Avenue.
• Martin Wesley Kimmer, 38, was charged Tuesday with felony possession of a firearm by a felon.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
• A woman reported a burglary Friday in the 6300 block of Old Beatty Ford Road, Rockwell.
• A man reported a stolen truck Friday in the 100 block of Potneck Road and U.S. 601.
• Landmark Church reported a break-in between Sept. 4 and Friday.
• A man reported a burglary Friday in the 1700 block of Cooper Road.
• A man reported a breaking Saturday at his home in the 3300 block of Liberty Road, Gold Hill.
• A woman reported Sunday that someone stole items from her building in the 100 block of Country Village Drive.
• A woman reported Sunday that someone stole items from her vehicle while parked in the 300 block of Leach Road.
• Patricia Ann Bost, 44, was charged Friday with felony breaking and entering at Fisher Road and East N.C. 152, Rockwell.
• Brian Kelley, 40, and Patricia Lynn Kelley, 31, were each charged Friday with misdemeanor contributing to neglect of a minor in the 100 block of Leader Lane, Kannapolis.
• Amanda Lynn Paxton, 43, was charged Friday with misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance Schedule IV at Carter Loop and Old Beatty Ford Road, Rockwell.