Salisbury man charged with marijuana following traffic checkpoint
SALISBURY — A Salisbury man was charged Sunday with felony marijuana offenses at a traffic checkpoint at Military Avenue and Railroad Street.
The Salisbury Police Department charged Garry Lemont Cornelius Jr., 37, of the 7600 block of Blackwelder Road with felony possession of a controlled substance with intent to manufacture a Schedule VI substance.
The man’s vehicle, a Volkswagen CC Sport, pulled up to the checkpoint with the window rolled down. The officer said he could smell marijuana coming from the vehicle. The officer asked the driver, Cornelius, where the marijuana was, and Cornelius pointed to a compartment on the driver’s side.
The officer seized 27.6 grams of marijuana packaged in eight plastic bags and a metal grinder with 1 gram of marijuana inside.
A passenger, Gregory Booker, was issued a citation for simple possession of marijuana.
In other Salisbury Police Department reports:
• A man reported Saturday that a dump trailer was stolen in the 1600 block of Stokes Ferry Road.
• Someone reported an assault Saturday in the 700 block of South Martin Luther King Jr. Avenue.
• A woman reported Monday that someone stole the license plate from her vehicle while it was parked in the 800 block of East Lafayette Street.
• Sarah Rebecca Campbell, 31, was charged Sunday with misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance Schedule VI in the 300 block of Faith Road.
• Carissa Jewell Craig, 18, was charged Monday with misdemeanor simple assault in the 1100 block of Old Plank Road.
• Tyler Cornelius Jones, 23, was charged Monday with misdemeanor assault on a female in the 1100 block of Old Plank Road.
By Shavonne Walker firstname.lastname@example.org SALISBURY — A Cleveland man faces felony cocaine and marijuana possession charges after the vehicle he... read more