S-R Reunion news
GQHS Class of 1950
Submitted by Gaynelle Morgan
The Granite Quarry High School class of 1950 met on Aug. 3, 2019 for its 69th reunion at the apartments building of Trinity Oaks community Center. Nineteen classmates, spouses, guests and teacher were present.
President Roana Bost welcomed everyone with special recognition to Doris Ritchie, Home Ec teacher.
Grace Sapp gave the invocation before the lovely meal, served on white tablecloths with summer flowers.
Lottie Simpson gave a memorial tribute for classmate Patsy Miller, deceased since our last reunion. Humorous readings were given by Frances Peeler, Roana Bost and Mary Ellen McCombs. Happy birthday was sung to Grace Sapp, Marian Bernhardt and Lottie Simpson.
Officers for next year are: president, Roana Bost; secretary, Gaynelle Morgan; and treasurer, Frances Peeler who will plan the next reunion on Aug. 1, 2020.
Attending were: Eunice Silliman Heilig (Charles Bame), Clyde Brown Jr. (Anna), Herman Ritchie, Eston Doyle, Gaynelle Fulk Julian Morgan (Melvin), Lottie Ritchie Simpson, Joyce Thomas Trexler, Grace Bost Sapp (Helena Heilig), Verne McCombs, Mary Ellen Jarrett McCombs, Marian Misenheimer Bernhardt, Frances Beck Peeler, Roana Agner Bost, Shirley Peeler Rhinehart, and teacher Doris Ritchie.
• EAST SPENCER — Dunbar School Alumni Association presents the Dunbar Mass Reunion Parade 11 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 31.
Note: Long Street between City Hall and Broad Street will start closing around 10:30 a.m. and remain closed to around 1 p.m.
The Dunbar Schoool Alumni Association gathers:
1) As a fundraiser to assist with college scholarships for several children;
2) To share social, family entertainment and memories via the Dunbar Mass Reunion. (Event runs Friday- Sunday, Aug. 30-Sept, 1. Info: President Reggie Massey, 704 458 1210);
3) To pay tribute to those who have made outstanding contributions to community, state and country;
4) In celebration from segregation to integration of Dunbar and its great impact upon our community.
Questions about Saturday PARADE only: Parade Coordinator, Margaret Ingram-Jones, 980 234 1927.
• Dukeville/Trading Ford annual Dukeville/Trading Ford reunion
Saturday Sept. 7 at Oakdale Baptist Church Family Life Center. Covered dish at noon but come early for seeing old friends and sharing good times.
Call Joyce Poole at 336-853-6102 with questions.
• 34th Misenheimer reunion
For all Misenheimers, 12:30 p.m. Sept. 7, St. John’s Lutheran Church community building, 6200 Mount Olive Church Road, Mount Pleasant. Meal at 1:30 p.m. Bring a covered dish and drink with serving utensils.
• South Rowan High School Class of 1969 50th Reunion
6-10 p.m. Sept. 14, Concordia Lutheran Church, China Grove. $10 per person
Mail to: SR Class of 69, 870 Old Beatty Ford Rd, China Grove, NC 28023
Send contact info to: email@example.com
Informal meal at Gary’s BBQ on Friday, Sept. 13 at 6:30 p.m.
• Looking for Bendix employees
From 1975-1989. Reunion 2 p.m. Sept. 14, Granite Civic Park. Bring chairs. Call 704-213-9182 for more information.
• 68th Annual Trexler Reunion
1 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 15 at Rockwell Park. For descendants of Lawson A. and Lula Moore Trexler. Covered dish meal along with games and prizes. Drinks and paper products provided.
• South Rowan High School Class of 1964
55th reunion, Saturday, Sept. 21. Contact Larry Overcash at 704-224-4557 for details.
• South Rowan High School Class of 1962
57th Reunion, Saturday, Oct. 5, Warrior Golf Club, 6:30-10 p.m.
Invitations to be mailed Aug. 31. Contact Patsy Parnell, 704-857-5762 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Boyden High School Class of 1964
Oct. 11-13, OctoberTour weekend. Send your info and other class members’ to BHS Class of 1964, POBox 262, Salisbury, NC 28145-0262. Info: 704-636-9142.
• Boyden High School Class of 1969
Oct. 18-20, including a dinner on Oct. 19. Join the planning committee? Contact Debbie Young Carter at email@example.com. All ‘69 classmates send contact info to Franklin Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org
• East Rowan High School Class of 1969
Oct. 19: Dinner at St. Matthews Lutheran Church and other activities. Update your contact information at classof69eastrowan email@example.com or contact Vernon Bernhardt, Priscilla (Ketchie) Burton, John Canup, Bonnie (Smith) Hinson, Gwen (Hess) Hudson, Jimmy Hudson, Alan Lyerly or Gail (Waller) Schwendinger); or send info to Class of ‘69, PO Box 936, Faith, NC 28041.