Blotter: Salisbury man charged with having Ecstasy, marijuana
By Shavonne Walker
SALISBURY — A Salisbury man is facing felony drug charges after he was seen getting into an Uber vehicle by a police officer who knew he was wanted, officials said.
The Salisbury Police Department charged Isaiah Thomas Little, 21, of the 600 block of East Cemetery Street, with felony possession with intent to sell and deliver a controlled substance Schedule I and felony possession of a controlled substance Schedule VI.
An officer on foot patrol near Long and East Cemetery streets saw Little getting into a vehicle and knew there were outstanding warrants for his arrest.
The officer stopped the vehicle.
Little, who was a back-seat passenger, had a backpack on his lap. The officer found a gun hidden in Little’s underpants that was stolen from Norwood.
The officer seized 26 Xanax pills, 24 Ecstasy pills, 90 grams of marijuana, a digital scale and plastic bags.
Little was released from the Rowan County Detention Center under a $2,500 secured bond.
In other Salisbury Police Department reports:
• Vandalism was reported Thursday in the 500 block of North Main Street.
• Auto Zone reported a larceny Thursday at the business, 325 E. Innes St.
• Anthony Jermiane Rankin, 43, was charged with felony possession with intent to manufacture, sell and deliver a controlled substance Schedule II and felony trafficking in cocaine.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
• A man reported Wednesday that someone stole items from his vehicle parked in the 2800 block of Cannon Farm Road, China Grove.
• A man reported Wednesday that someone stole items from his vehicle parked in the 4200 block of Franklin Street, China Grove.
• A man reported Wednesday that he was assaulted while in traffic at a roundabout in the 5500 block of Sherrills Ford Road.
• A woman reported Wednesday that someone stole items from her vehicle parked in the 200 block of Vanderbilt Avenue, China Grove.
• A man reported Wednesday that someone stole items from his property in the 7200 block of Bringle Ferry Road.
• A man reported Wednesday that someone stole items from his vehicle while it was parked in the 100 block of Beechwood Drive.
• Anna Amegan Shackelford, 30, was charged Wednesday with misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia in the 400 block of Grace Church Road.
• Steven Eugene Lash, 40, was charged Wednesday with felony larceny at the Rowan County Magistrate’s Office.
• Dustin Blake Sloop, 31, was charged Wednesday with misdemeanor assault on a female in the 800 block of Old Linn Road, China Grove.
Contact reporter Shavonne Walker at 704-797-4253.
By Emery P. Dalesio Associated Press RALEIGH — North Carolina election officials on Friday certified bar-code ballots for use in... read more