Blotter: Aug. 19
Published 12:00 am Tuesday, August 20, 2019
In Salisbury Police Department reports:
• Richard Bernard Hovis Jr., 37, was arrested after a traffic stop Sunday afternoon after he gave the officer a fictitious name. He was charged with resisting an officer and held without bond. When Hovis told officers his name, they found he was wanted on a 2017 charge of discharging a firearm into occupied property and a 2016 charge of felony possession of a firearm by a felon. His bond was set at $15,000.
• Lewis Matthew Young, 22, of Monroe, was charged Saturday with possession of a controlled substance Schedule VI, possession of drug paraphernalia, carrying a concealed gun, transporting wine or liquor in a passenger area; and two traffic violations — failure to dim headlights and no lights on registration plates. Bond was set at $3,000.
• William Patrick Kelley, 34, of Spencer, was charged Sunday with possession of controlled substance Schedule II and VI; possession of drug paraphernalia; contributing to the delinquency of a minor; having an open container of alcohol; and carrying a concealed gun. Police found a firearm, two grinders, a straw with white powder residue, multiple containers, cocaine and marijuana. He was issued a $5,000 bond.
• Wakil Ekeevia Harrison, 23, of Salisbury, was charged Saturday with possession with intent to sell or distribute a controlled substance, possession of a controlled substance, maintaining a vehicle for a trafficking in a controlled substance and possession of marijuana paraphernalia.
• Timothy Deshannon Boyd, 49, of Salisbury, was charged with assault on a female Sunday.
• A man reported a robbery by someone with a firearm in the 200 block of North Long Street on Friday morning.
• A woman reported an assault in the 400 block of South Arlington Street early Friday morning.
• A man reported a motor vehicle theft in the 200 block of North Long Street overnight Thursday.
• A man reported an assault in the 600 block of Mocksville Avenue on Friday morning.
• Walmart reported a larceny Friday afternoon.
• A man reported a stolen bicycle in the 700 block of Bringle Ferry Road on Friday.
• A woman reported an assault in the 700 block of North Church Street on Friday.
• Police opened a trespassing investigation at Zion Hill Apartments ,at 1614 Standish St., on Friday night.
• A man reported a break-in in the 500 block of West Horah Street on Friday night.
• A woman reported a robbery in the 1000 block of East Innes Street on Sunday morning.
• A man reported a truck theft in the 200 block of Nesbit Drive on Sunday.
• The Family Dollar store on East Innes Street reported a larceny Sunday.
• A woman reported an assault in the 1500 block of South Jake Alexander Boulevard on Sunday night.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
• A man reported an assault with a dangerous weapon Thursday.
• A man reported damaged property and vandalism in the 3000 block of Potneck Road in Woodleaf on Thursday.
• Tommy Wayne Rainey, 37, was charged with breaking and entering Thursday.
• Brad Ashley Erwin, 42, was charged with unauthorized use of a motor vehicle on Gee Drive on Thursday.
• Payton Drew Peterson, 21, was charged with misdemeanor larceny in the 3400 block of Faith Road in Salisbury on Thursday.
• Jaheim Damel Riley, 17, was charged with felony larceny in the 200 block of North Main Street in Salisbury on Thursday.
• Braden Eugene Lawing, 27, and William Shane Little, 31, was charged with possession of controlled substance Schedule II in the 2700 block of West C Street in Kannapolis on Thursday.
• Kenneth Wayne Shepert, 49, was charged with robbery with a firearm Thursday.
• Devin Shaughn, 32, was charged with failure to report a new address by a sex offender Thursday.