Ask Us: What are salaries of RSS administrators?
Editor’s note: Ask Us is a weekly feature published online Mondays and in print on Tuesdays. We’ll seek to answer your questions about items or trends in Rowan County. Have a question? Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SALISBURY — Rowan-Salisbury Schools includes 35 schools, more than 19,000 students, and 3,000 teachers and staff members. A variety of administrative officials run the school district, dealing with everything from maintenance to curriculum.
A reader asked about the salaries of these officials in “the RSS administration.”
Some of the officials head departments or otherwise play critical roles in the operation of the school system.
The Salisbury Post compiled a list of those officials and their annual salaries, which were provided by Rita Foil, public information officer for the school system. They include:
• Lynn Moody, superintendent, $180,948 per year.
• William “Anthony” Vann, assistant superintendent of operations, $115,344.
• Julie Morrow, assistant superintendent for curriculum, $120,480.
• David Blattner, chief technology officer, $98,000.
• Kristi Rhone, chief human resources officer, $91,676.
• Carol Herndon, chief financial officer, $127,085.
• April Kuhn, chief legal officer, $91,700.
Josh Wagner, an elected member of the Board of Education who serves as board chairman, is paid $5,400 per year.
By Terrence Jefferies email@example.com SALISBURY – “A dream come true” is how Kennedi Fisher described the Rowan Little League softball’s World... read more