Blotter: Aug. 14
In Salisbury Police Department reports:
• Pop Shoppe reported receiving counterfeit money Tuesday at 1509 E. Innes St.
• A man reported a stolen mailbox Tuesday in the 500 block of Harrel Street.
• Daquain Walker, 18, was charged Tuesday with misdemeanor simple assault in the 100 block of Dappler Lane.
Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
• A man reported Monday that he let someone borrow his vehicle and the borrower failed to return it, in the 300 block of Brookfield Circle.
• A Monday traffic stop led deputies to charge a suspect on outstanding warrants and narcotics charges in the 900 block of West Main Street, Rockwell.
• A woman reported a stolen lawn mower Monday in the 100 block of Millbridge Circle, China Grove.
• A woman reported a break-in at her home Monday while she was at work in the 4400 block of Jack Brown Road.
• A woman reported an assault Monday in the 6000 block of Foster Road, Woodleaf.
• Cody Ryan Fox, 23, was charged Monday with felony possession of a controlled substance Schedule I in the 4900 block of N.C. 801, Woodleaf.
• Antwione Richard Simpkins, 40, was charged Monday with felony assault inflicting serious injury of a detention center officer.
• Mondie Nichole Weber, 32, was charged Monday with misdemeanor larceny in the 900 block of West Main Street, Rockwell.
• Shelia Day Royce, 25, was charged Monday with misdemeanor assault in the 6000 block of Foster Road, Woodleaf.
• Paul Jerome Andrade, 51, was charged Monday with misdemeanor assault on a female in the 6000 block of Foster Road, Woodleaf.
MOUNT ULLA — A Mount Ulla home was destroyed by fire Wednesday after a neighbor and area firefighter spotted smoke... read more