Blotter: Man charged with drug possession during traffic stop
SALISBURY — A Salisbury man faces misdemeanor drug possession charges after a police officer found a Suboxone package during a traffic stop at Richard and 11th streets early Tuesday morning.
The Salisbury Police Department charged Eric Carpenter Johnson, 50, of the 1000 block of Oakmont Court, with misdemeanor possession of a Schedule III controlled substance and three misdemeanor orders for arrest. He remains in the Rowan County Detention Center under a $7,000 secured bond.
Johnson admitted he had a package of Suboxone, which the officer found when searching him.
In other Salisbury Police Department reports:
• A woman reported a larceny Saturday in the 1100 block of Bringle Ferry Road.
• A woman reported a larceny Saturday in the 100 block of West 13th Street.
• A man reported an assault Saturday in the 1000 block of West Horah Street.
• A woman reported an assault Sunday in the 600 block of North Ellis Street.
• Central Piedmont Fire Protection reported Monday that someone stole a trailer from a gated lot in the 600 block of Industrial Avenue.
• Amoco reported Monday that an employee stole money and two packs of cigarettes at the business, 601 W. Jake Alexander Blvd.
• Patreece Imani Lattimore, 24, was charged Monday with felony larceny by an employee at Amoco, 601 W. Jake Alexander Blvd.
• Sunset Car Wash reported Monday that someone tried to gain access to a coin-operated machine at the business, 1101 Mooresville Road.
• A caller said shots were fired Monday in the 700 block of East Council Street.
• William Clark Mowery, 29, was charged Saturday with misdemeanor assault on a female in the 1800 block of Dewberry Place.
• Helena N. Cameron, 37, was charged Saturday with simple assault in the 1000 block of West Horah Street.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
• A woman reported Friday that a couple broke into a house in the 100 block of Darlington Drive, China Grove.
• A woman reported a burglary Friday and said someone took items from her vehicle while parked in the 100 block of Andrews Ford Road.
• A driver was found Saturday with a crystal-like substance in the 500 block of Leach Road and Brookfield Circle.
• A man reported Saturday that a gun was stolen from a vehicle in the 100 block of Verlen Drive.
• A woman reported identify theft Saturday in the 7500 block of Beaver Road, Kannapolis.
• A woman reported an assault Sunday in the 1100 block of Joy Street.
• A man reported Sunday that someone stole belongings from a building in the 3200 block of Shuping Mill Road, Rockwell.
• Genesis Baptist Church, at 9710 Old Concord Road in China Grove, reported Sunday that a stolen check was cashed between July 15 and Sunday from the church.
• Jennifer Dawn Tucker, 32, was charged Friday with felony conspiracy to sell or deliver a Schedule II controlled substance in the 900 block of Carter Loop Road, Rockwell.
• Courtney Michelle Kelly, 29, was charged Friday with misdemeanor breaking and entering in the 100 block of Darlington Drive, China Grove.
• Cody Cameron Sprinkle, 26, was charged Friday with misdemeanor breaking and entering in the 100 block of Darlington Drive, China Grove.
• Jordan Elizabeth Osborne, 21, was charged Friday with felony manufacturing a controlled substance Schedule VI in the 100 block of Copper Leaf Lane.
Contact reporter Shavonne Walker at 704-797-4253.