Salisbury-Rowan Reunion news
Published 12:00 am Sunday, July 21, 2019
Eagle family reunion
The annual Eagle Reunion (always first Sunday in August) is Aug. 4 at the St. Matthew Lutheran Church, Southeast of Salisbury.
The reunion will be held in the “hut” across the street from the church. Directional signs will be posted, and there is parking next to the “hut.”
A 10:30 a.m. service will be held a the church where Eagle ancestors worshipped, and the side where Solomon Eagle Sr. helped establish this church in 1838. His and his wife’s grave stones are still readable in the nearby church cemetery.
The reunion and covered dish dinner will begin about 12:30 p.m. Bring favorite dishes, desserts and drinks. Cups, plates, utensils, and ice will be provided.
Bring articles for the scrap book. Also, bring articles, pictures from the past and present, and memorabilia on your family for the Share and Remember table.
With questions, contact Gene Eagle at 910-520-2867, email@example.com or Francis at 704-633-4185.
Waller family reunion
Descendants of George Henry Waller and Susan Linnie Thompson Waller share their family heritage every year with the annual family reunion. The first reunion was held Aug. 24, 1947 at the home of William Luther Waller, oldest son of George Henry and Susan Linnie, with about 120 family and friends attending.
The reunion has been held every year since except 1948 during the polio epidemic. George Henry and Susan Linnie were the parents of 11 children. Their descendants are scattered across the United States and many make the trip home for this annual event.
The family now meets at St. Luke’s Lutheran Church on Highway 801 in Mt. Ulla. The reunion is held the fourth Sunday in July with a covered dish luncheon at 1 p.m. This reunion will be Sunday, July 28.
Family and friends may bring photos and family genealogy to share. The Waller family has long shared a history with St. Luke’s Lutheran Church and many family members are buried in the church cemetery. All descendants of this Waller Family are invited.
• The Jacob Henry Hall and Margaret Catherine Deal Sloop family will hold its 93rd reunion on Sunday, July 28 at New Hope Lutheran Church, Brantley Road, Kannapolis. Family members, bring a well-filled picnic basket beverage and photos of our ancestors. Meal is at 1 p.m. Contact Amie at 704-591-2999 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Tenth annual James Elbert Hall family reunion, covered dish dinner, drinks and eating supplies furnished, Mt. Pisgah Lutheran Church, Hwy. 127, Bethlehem, NC, Saturday, Aug. 10. Dinner starts at 1 p.m.; doors open at noon. Please bring any pictures or family history. We can scan documents and pictures.
• Dunbar Mass School Reunion: Aug. 30-Sept. 1. Parade starts at 11 a.m. Aug. 31 at the East Spencer City Hall and culminates at Southern City AME Zion Church. If you are an alumni, community group/organization, etc., contact the following for parade participation: John Krider, 704-213-4409; or Tony Hillian, 704-640-4109; or Margaret Ingram-Jones, 980-234-1927 (leave a message). RSVP at the East Spencer City Hall building by Aug. 26; fill them out and leave them with the clerk.
Reginald Massey, president, Dunbar School Alumni Association, 704- 458-1210.
• Looking for Bendix employees from 1975-1989. Reunion Sept. 14, 2 p.m., Granite Civic Park. Bring chairs. Call 704-213-9182 for more information.
• Boyden High School Class of 1964 meets Oct. 11-13, OctoberTour weekend. If you have not already been contacted, send your information and info on other class members to BHS Class of 1964, POBox 262, Salisbury, NC 28145-0262. Info: 704-636-9142.
• Boyden High School Class of 1969 meets Oct. 18-20, including a dinner on Oct. 19. Those wishing to join the planning committee contact Debbie Young Carter at email@example.com. All ‘69 classmates should send their contact information to Franklin Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org
• East Rowan High School Class of 1969 reunites Oct. 19 with dinner at St. Matthews Lutheran Church and other activities. Update your contact information at email@example.com; or contact a committee member — Vernon Bernhardt, Priscilla (Ketchie) Burton, John Canup, Bonnie (Smith) Hinson, Gwen (Hess) Hudson, Jimmy Hudson, Alan Lyerly or Gail (Waller) Schwendinger); or send your information to Class of ‘69, PO Box 936, Faith, NC 28041.