Blotter: Officers find drugs taped inside wallet
Published 6:00 pm Monday, July 15, 2019
SALISBURY — A Salisbury man was charged with drug possession at the county jail after he was arrested and drugs were found taped inside his wallet.
The Salisbury Police Department charged Chad Duncan Carter, 39, of the 1000 block of Starhaven Drive, with felony possession of a controlled substance on jail premises. He also had an outstanding warrant on a charge of misdemeanor assault on a female.
Authorities received a call about a suspicious vehicle parked near the Fish Bowl bar just after midnight Saturday. An officer spoke with Carter, the driver of the vehicle, and discovered there was a warrant for his arrest.
Carter was taken to the Rowan County Magistrate’s Office and after entering the jail, officials found seven suboxone strips taped inside his wallet.
Carter was released from the Rowan County Detention Center under a $1,500 secured bond.
In other Salisbury Police Department reports:
• A woman reported a stolen bicycle Friday in the 500 block of South Caldwell Street.
• A woman reported fraud Friday in the 100 block of Mahaley Avenue.
• A man reported vandalism Friday in the 400 block of North Long Street.
• A woman reported vandalism Friday in the 800 block of North Main Street.
• A woman reported a burglary Friday in 400 block of Hamilton Drive.
• A woman reported a home break-in Friday in the 1100 block of South Fulton Street.
• A woman reported Friday that items were stolen from her vehicle while parked at Sam’s Kwik Lube/Car wash between July 9 and Friday.
• A woman reported a stolen vehicle Friday at the Fish Bowl, 127 E. Innes St.
• A woman reported an assault Friday in the 400 block of West 15th Street.
• A woman reported vandalism Friday in the 1200 block of North Church Street.
• A woman reported fraud Friday in the 900 block of South Jake Alexander Boulevard.
• A man reported an assault Saturday in the 600 block of Brenner Avenue.
• A man reported Saturday that items were stolen from his vehicle parked in the 500 block of South Martin Luther King Jr. Avenue.
• A woman an assault on Saturday in the parking lot of McDonald’s, 601 W. Jake Alexander Blvd.
• A traffic stop for driving while impaired in the 700 block of West Innes Street led to officers finding drugs.
• Police investigated an incident involving marijuana in 100 block of Ryan Street and South Martin Luther King Jr. Avenue.
• Officers stopped a Dodge Charger on Saturday in the 300 block of South Fulton and West Horah streets and found two stolen handguns in the vehicle.
• A woman reported a home break-in Sunday in the 800 block of Old Concord Road.
• A woman reported a home break-in Sunday in the 1300 block of Larchmont Place.
• Charles Thomas Watkins, 22, was charged Friday with felony obtaining property by false pretenses at the Rowan County Magistrate’s Office.
• Richard Anthony Linton, 27, was charged Saturday with misdemeanor assault on a female in the 600 block of Brenner Avenue.
• Jarrod Rekime Lipscomb, 27, and Erick Lanorris Watkins, 24, were each charged Saturday with felony possession of stolen goods in the 300 block of West Horah and South Fulton streets.
• Desjuan Montre Clawson, 28, was charged Sunday with felony trafficking in heroin in the 1000 block of Brenner Avenue and West Horah Street.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
• A woman in the 1000 block of Rudder Circle reported Thursday that someone used her name to set up leases on out-of-state property.
• A man reported slashed tires Thursday in the 5800 block of Meadow Lane.
• Neil’s Paint and Body Shop reported fraud Thursday at 1685 Kluttz Road.
Contact reporter Shavonne Walker at 704-797-4253.