Save the Date: July 20: 8th Annual CHICKWEED – Celebrating Indestructible Women
Published 12:00 am Saturday, July 13, 2019
The 8th annual CHICKWEED – Celebrating Indestructible Women
4:30-10:30 p.m. Saturday July 20
CHICKWEED is Salisbury’s unique indoor-outdoor music and arts festival featuring an all-women revue of musicians and artists, held at the F&M Trolley Barn at 125 E. Liberty St.
Celebrate empowerment through the arts with an evening of live music, visual arts, dance, New Sarum Brewing Company award-winning beer, Morgan Ridge Railwalk Brewery & Eatery wine, food trucks, crafts, silent auction and more.
This annual event raises funds for local agencies that provide support for women and children victims of abuse or violence.
CHICKWEED performers this year include:
• Brooke Palmer – ukulele songstress
• Courtney Puckett – acoustic singer/songwriter/guitarist
• Katie Hopkins – hula hoop dance
• Chelsea Rhae Childers & the Carolina Mud Band – singer/songwriter/guitarist
• Shannon Lee – singer/songwriter/pianist
• Logan Thomas – singer/songwriter/guitarist (of Rude City fame)
• Rebecca Stinson – singing powerhouse
• Mama Tried – Indie Trio ft. Emily Soward
• Daisy Clover – Bluegrass/country trio ft. Melissa Benfield Adams & Mary Gillespie
• Laura Vella & The Rogues
Each year CHICKWEED highlights the work of one or more local visual artists. CHICKWEED 2019 Featured Visual Artists are:
• Caren Briley
• Tatyana Shurtz
• Rachel Carden Merkwa
• Kristen Trahan
Artist Tatyana Shurtz will be revealing an interactive art concept at CHICKWEED. All artwork is offered for sale.
Vendors feature handmade jewelry, tie-dye, original art and photography, herbalists, Reiki healing, reflexology, and more. New Sarum Brewing Company creates a Chickweed Beer, Morgan Ridge serves local wine, Mean Mug Coffee Company is there with coffee drinks, and The Chill provides organic Italian Ice.
Gates open at 4 p.m.
The Mayor of Salisbury proclaims the day ‘CHICKWEED DAY’ at 4:45 p.m.
Tickets are available at:
• Pottery 101, 101 S. Main St.
• South Main Book Co., 110 S. Main St.t
• Happy Life Vintage Shop, 1401 Old Concord Road
Chickweed thanks its sponsors for their generosity:
• Shuckin’ Shack Oyster Bar
• Wallace Realty.
• Dick Huffman & Huffman Law Firm
• F&M Trolley Barn
• Godley’s Garden Center
• Beth & Dr. Don Fortner
CHICKWEED is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization in the State of North Carolina and donations are tax-deductible.