Blotter: Registered sex offender on school property during Faith Fourth
Published 9:24 pm Friday, July 12, 2019
By Shavonne Walker
SALISBURY — A registered sex offender was charged for being on school premises during the Faith Fourth of July celebration, Rowan County authorities said.
Rodney Shearer, 27, was held in the Rowan County Detention Center under a $40,000 secured bond after his arrest Wednesday.
According to a Rowan County Sheriff’s Office report, Shearer was on the property of Faith Elementary School on July 4, which is a violation of his probation.
In other Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
• A man reported Wednesday that someone opened a Verizon Wireless account in his name in the 100 block of Tupelo Circle.
• A man reported Wednesday that his car was stolen from his home with his wallet inside while it was parked in the 2300 block of East N.C. 152, China Grove.
• A man on probation cut off his ankle bracelet in the 300 block of Neelytown Road, China Grove.
• A woman reported Wednesday that items were stolen from a home in the 100 block of Wal Hollow Lane, Mooresville.
• A woman reported an assault Wednesday n the 10500 block of Old Beatty Ford Road, Rockwell.
• A man reported stolen belongings Wednesday in the 600 block of Timber Trail, Gold Hill.
• A man reported a stolen vehicle Wednesday in the 1300 block of Redmon Road, Cleveland.
• Michael Angelo Buster, 32, was charged Wednesday with misdemeanor assault with a deadly weapon at the Rowan County Magistrate’s Office.
• Brandon Kawain Lee Crosland, 30, was charged n Wednesday with being a sex offender who failed to notify authorities of online identifiers.
• Kenneth Dillon Gilbert, 16, was charged Wednesday with felony breaking and entering in the 900 block of Hurley School Road.
In Salisbury Police Department reports:
• A woman reported a home invasion Thursday in the 400 block of Newsome Road.
• A woman reported vandalism to her car Thursday in the 600 block of South Shaver Street.
• A woman reported Thursday that her vehicle was broken into and items were stolen in the 300 block of West Thomas Street.
• Someone entered the former Salisbury Mall cinemas by breaking a glass door at 1951 Statesville Blvd.
• Brandon Adam Earl Ferguson, 29, was charged Thursday with felony obtaining property by false pretenses in the 400 block of North Main Street.