Blotter: July 12
In Salisbury Police Department reports:
• A man reported a break-in Wednesday in the 600 block of Cedar Street.
• A woman reported an assault Wednesday in the 400 block of Grace Street.
• Jessica Michelle Czernia, 29, was charged Wednesday with felony larceny by an employee in the 100 block of Kerr Street.
• Cedric Leon Matchett, 28, was charged Thursday with misdemeanor assault on a female in the 400 block of Grace Street.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports
• A man reported trespassing and an assault Tuesday in the 200 block of Deal Road, Mooresville.
• A man reported four stolen vehicles Tuesday in the 700 block of Geneva Drive, Rockwell.
• A man reported Tuesday that a Verizon Wireless account was opened under his name in the 600 block of Lake Wright Road, China Grove.
• Deputies responded to a trespassing call but the occupants of the vehicle ran from officers in the 1400 block of Superior Avenue, Kannapolis.
• Lori Diane Kyles Ferguson, 41, was charged Tuesday with felony larceny in the 200 block of Upland Trail, Cleveland.
• Brian Louis Sharpless, 31, was charged Tuesday with misdemeanor simple possession of Schedule IV controlled substance at Bringle Ferry and Dunn’s Mountain Church roads.
• James Alexander Cowan, 59, was charged Tuesday with felony obtaining property by false pretenses at the Rowan County Magistrate’s Office.
• Christina Nicole Burgess, 30, was charged Tuesday with felony possession of a controlled substance Schedule II at Weaver and Stirewalt roads, China Grove.
Contact reporter Shavonne Walker at 704-797-4253.
SALISBURY — Brien Lewis may be entering his last year as Catawba College’s president, but operations remain at full swing... read more