More candidates file in municipal elections Tuesday
Published 7:45 pm Tuesday, July 9, 2019
As the window remains open for candidates to file for local offices in the November elections, more have stepped forward.
These eight candidates filed for office in Rowan County on Tuesday:
• China Grove Town Council member Charles E. Seaford filed for mayor.
• Rodney Phillips filed for re-election to the China Grove Town Council.
• China Grove Town Council member Steven Stroud filed for re-election.
• Mark Connell filed for Landis mayor.
• Buddy Porter Jr., for Landis Board of Aldermen.
• Giannina Monzon, for Salisbury City Council.
• David H. Smith, for Spencer Board of Aldermen.
• Rashid Muhammad, for re-election to the Spencer Board of Aldermen.
Filing continues until noon July 19. To file for municipal office, candidates must go to the Rowan County Board of Elections Office at West End Plaza. It is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. The deadline for candidates to withdraw from a race is 5 p.m. July 16.