Blotter: Man held under $105,000 bond for string of charges
Published 12:00 am Monday, July 8, 2019
A Salisbury man is currently being held at the Rowan County Detention center under a combined $105,000 secured bond following an alleged string of crimes around Rowan County.
Officers with the Rowan County Sheriff’s office on Saturday charged 32-year-old David Ryan Wood with the following:
• Fourteen counts of felony breaking and entering a motor vehicle.
According to warrants, Wood broke into five vehicles along Lariat Circle, three vehicles along East Ridge Road, one vehicle on Susan Lane, three vehicles along Rufty Circle, one vehicle along Daniels Road and one vehicle along Greenway drive.
• Three counts of felony breaking and entering and three counts of felony larceny after breaking and entering.
Warrants allege that Wood broke into and entered a storage building in the 300 block of Lariat Circle, a garage in the 200 block of Rufty Circle and a garage in the 600 block of East Ridge Road, collecting miscellaneous power tools, lawn care tools and accessories therein. The cumulative value of items stolen between the three sites was approximately $3,000.
• Four counts of misdemeanor larceny.
Warrants allege that Wood stole a checkbook, two four wheeler helmets, an intake manifold and $860 cash from residences and vehicles along Rufty Drive, Daniels Road and Susan Lane.
• Two counts of felony larceny of a motor vehicle.
Wood allegedly took two TaoTao four-wheelers from the 200 block of Daniels Road, according to warrants. Each had a value of $653, for a combined total value of $1,306.
• One count of felony larceny.
Warrants state Wood stole a STIHL backpack leaf blower and STIHL weed-eater from a resident of Hurley School Road, with the items having a combined value of approximately $1,200.
In other Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
- Corey Lee Abbott, 37, of Rockwell, was charged Friday with misdemeanor assault on a female and felony second-degree kidnapping. He was held under a $20,000 secured bond.
- Marcos A. Velasquez, 24, of Concord, was charged Sunday with misdemeanor disorderly conduct and misdemeanor resisting a public officer.
In Spencer Police Department reports:
- Demetrious Tyrone Lane, 28, of Spencer, was charged Friday with felony obtaining property by false pretense, misdemeanor failure to return property and misdemeanor making a false report to a police station.
In Kannapolis Police Department reports:
- Kenneth Lee Batton, 49, of Kannapolis, was charged Friday with felony obtaining property by false pretense.
In Salisbury Police Department reports:
- Elton Devon Hooper, 19, of Salisbury was charged Saturday with misdemeanor carrying a concealed weapon and felony altering or removing a gun serial number.
- Otha Gill Jr., 59, of Salisbury, was charged Sunday with misdemeanor second degree trespassing.
- Eric Carpenter Johnson, 50, of Salisbury, was charged Friday with misdemeanor second degree trespassing, misdemeanor resisting a public officer and misdemeanor larceny.
In China Grove Police Department reports:
- Carol Jean Carlson, 49, of China Grove was charged Friday with felony possession of a schedule II controlled substance and misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia.