UPDATE: Air Quality Action Day – Rowan weather: Heat index around 100 today

Published 7:49 am Tuesday, July 2, 2019

The North Carolina Department of Environmental Quality in Raleigh has issued a Code Orange Air Quality Action Day for Ground Level Ozone for the Charlotte area, until 8 p.m. this evening. An Air Quality Action Day means that Ground Level Ozone concentrations within the region may approach or exceed unhealthy standards.

We’ll hit a high of 95 today, with sunny skies. The heat index will be 100-105 degrees. It’s a Code Orange air quality day for ozone and particle pollutio. Winds will be calm this morning, then southwest around 5 mph this afternoon.

Tonight will be partly cloudy and 72, with a 20% chance of showers and thunderstorms before 10 p.m. Winds will be light and variable.

Wednesday’s high will be 93, with mostly sunny skies. Wind will be north around 5 mph. A 30% chance of showers is possible after 5 p.m. Less than a tenth of an inch of rain is expected.

The low Wednesday will be 71, with mostly cloudy skies and calm wind. A 30% chance of showers and storms is possible, mainly before 11 p.m. Again, less than a tenth of an inch is expected.

The Fourth of July could be a bit wet, with a 50% chance of showers and thunderstorms after 9 a.m. It will be partly sunny and 92, with light and variable wind. The chance of storms and showers Thursday night will be 40%. The low will be 72, with mostly cloudy skies.

Friday brings a 60% chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. It will be mostly cloudy and 88. The low will be 71, with a 40% chance of showers and thunderstorms.

Saturday will be partly sunny and 88, with a 50% chance of showers and storms. With a low of 70 and mostly cloudy skies, the chance of storms and showers will be 40%.

Sunday will be partly sunny and 88 again, with a 40% chance of showers and thunderstorms. The low will be 70, with the same chance of showers and storms.

Monday, too, will have a 40% chance of showers and storms. It will be partly sunny and 88.

Comments