Salisbury man charged with weapons offenses after fire call
SALISBURY — A Salisbury man was charged with weapons offenses after officers were called to help firefighters and EMS crews who were responding to a call in the 500 block of Cedar Street.
Police charged Antonio Jamel Rankin, 37, whose address is listed as the streets of Salisbury, on Wednesday with misdemeanor resisting, obstructing or delaying an officer; felony possession of stolen property; and misdemeanor carrying a concealed weapon.
Officers said Rankin appeared impaired and was acting suspiciously. Officers asked him if he had any weapons. They searched him and found a handgun. The gun was reported stolen from Spencer.
Rankin remains in the Rowan County Detention Center a $25,000 secured bond.
In other Salisbury Police Department reports
• A man reported an attempted break-in Tuesday in the 200 block of South Lee Street.
• A man reported an assault Tuesday at Novant Health Rowan Medical Center.
• Police are investigating a report of debit card fraud in the 200 block of Statesville Boulevard.
• Timothy Alan Dixon, 56, was charged Tuesday with inhaling fumes for the purpose of causing intoxication in the 1000 block of East Innes Street.
• Yolanda Peck Lattimore, 37, was charged Tuesday with simple assault in the 1300 block of Tabernacle Street.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports
• A woman reported Monday that her wallet was stolen from her vehicle while parked in the 500 block of Vance Street, Landis.
• A man reported a larceny Monday in the 400 block of Serenity Hill Drive, Mooresville.
• A woman reported Monday she was the victim of a money scam in the 100 block of Pethel Road, China Grove.
• A man reported Monday someone stole items from his vehicle in the 1100 block of Weaver Road, China Grove.
• A man reported a stolen trailer Monday in the 1200 block Crane View Road.
• Mitchell Greg Hicks, 83, was charged Monday with misdemeanor assault on a female at the Rowan County Magistrate’s Office.
• Charlie Scott, 21, was charged Monday with felony breaking and entering at the Rowan County Magistrate’s Office.
• Thomas Health Jordan, 44, was charged Monday with felony possession of a firearm by a felon at the Rowan County Courthouse.
ROCKWELL — East Rowan High School graduate Cole Franklin Mabry is being remembered as a young man whose infectious smile... read more