Blotter: Salisbury man in custody for February carjacking
Published 12:00 am Wednesday, June 26, 2019
SALISBURY — A Salisbury man was arrested Monday night and charged with a February carjacking.
Elijah Tamaunlatrellda Black, 21, was charged with felony robbery with a firearm and a probation violation.
Police said that on Feb. 11, Black got into the victim’s car at 205 E. Miller St., demanded the keys and told her to get out of the car. The victim left the car ,and Black drove away, authorities said.
The woman saw her vehicle the next day at a gas station.
Investigators with the Salisbury Police Department were able to link Black to the crime with physical evidence, authorities said.
Black is being held at the Rowan County Detention Center under a $60,000 secured bond.
In other Salisbury Police Department reports:
• Marjo Lavon Edwards, 44, of Salisbury, was charged with larceny, possession of marijuana and resisting an officer. Employees at the Speedway store at 500 E. Innes St. called police Monday night. Edwards was was searched and officers found marijuana on him. Officers said they were unable to fingerprint or photograph him because he was intoxicated and uncooperative. He is being held at the Rowan County Detention Center under a $3,000 bond.
• Eugene Damon Ellis, 25, of Salisbury, was charged with injury to real property and simple assault Monday. He is being held under a $1,500 secured bond at the detention center.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
• A Lexington man reported his stolen credit card was used May 18 at several Lexington and Thomasville locations including BP Rushco No. 3, McDonald’s, Walmart, Subway, Kings Lane and Walgreens. He reported 13 instances of fraud on June 22.
• Tammy West Hartsell, 44, was charged with assault with a deadly weapon in the 200 block of Miracle Drive in Salisbury on Friday.
• Michael Eugene Lawson, 49, was charged with trafficking in cocaine in the 200 block of Twin Oaks Road, in Salisbury.