Rockwell man charged with meth possession after search of home
SALISBURY — The Rowan County Sheriff’s Office charged Kenneth Ell Boone, 38, of the 1300 block of Percy Lane, Rockwell, with felony possession of a controlled substance Schedule II.
According to a department report, Boone was in possession of 1 gram of methamphetamine that was found during a search Thursday conducted by state probation officers, along with deputies from the Sheriff’s Office .
The search was in the 3o0 block of Cantiberry Drive.
Boone was released from the Rowan County Detention Center under a $1,500 secured bond.
In other Sheriff’s Office reports
• A man reported a break-in Thursday in the 2000 block of Rollingwood Drive, Kannapolis.
• Chloe Joyce Roberson, 18, was charged with breaking and entering Thursday in the of the 100 block of West Liberty Street.
• James Elbert Shaw, 48, was charged with felony assault by strangulation Thursday in the 1000 block of Julian Road.
• Heath Alan Mclaurin, 42, was charged with felony larceny Thursday in the 100 block of West Liberty Street.
• Cassie Lynne Coble, 30, was charged with misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia Thursday in the 100 block of West Liberty Street.
• Matthew Wayne Bradshaw, 27, was charged with unauthorized use of a motor vehicle Thursday in the 400 block of Grace Church Road.
In Salisbury Police Department reports
• A vehicle was broken into Friday in the 500 block of North Fulton Street.
• A man reported fraud Friday in the 1500 block of S. Jake Alexander Boulevard.
• A woman reported a break-ing between 2 and 6 p.m. Friday in the 1300 block of Tabernacle Street.
• A woman reported Friday that someone obtained property by false pretense in the 200 block of Bendix Drive.
• A woman reported a domestic assault Friday in the 100 block of Clancy Street.
• A man reported Saturday that a patient punched and kicked a nurse at Novant Health Rowan Medical Center.
• A woman reported an assault Saturday in the 500 block of East Innes Street.
• A woman reported a stolen cellphone Saturday in the 1000 block of Freeland Drive.
• A man reported a stolen book bag Sunday in the 300 block of Lloyd Street.
• A man reported a stolen wallet Sunday at Walmart.
• A woman reported a stolen cellphone Sunday in the 2100 block of Statesville Boulevard.
• Police are investigating a juvenile who was reported Sunday to have been the victim of child abuse in the 600 block of South Ellis Street.
• A man reported Monday that someone stole items from his vehicle in the 100 block of North Main Street.
By Shavonne Walker firstname.lastname@example.org SALISBURY — The Salisbury Police Department is investigating an early Sunday morning shooting at Pine Hill... read more