Scout historian seeks information on unit sponsors
Published 12:00 am Thursday, June 13, 2019
Henry Fairley IV, historian for the Boy Scouts Sapona District, is working on a research project to match the district’s Scout units that produced Eagle Scouts with their sponsoring institutions.
This is for a history of Eagle Scouts in Rowan County. Fairley is trying to match these units:
• Troop 313, which had two Eagle Scouts in 1973.
• Troop 346, which had Eagle Scouts in 1979 and 1980.
• Explorer Post 360, which had two Eagle Scouts in 1961.
• Explorer Post 391, which had one Eagle Scout in 1959.
• Troop 396, which had one Eagle Scout in 1991.
• Troop 457, which had one Eagle Scout in 1953.
• Explorer Post 458, which had Eagle Scouts in 1945 and 1946.
• Troop 484, which had Eagle Scouts in 1972, 1973 and 1975.
Anyone with information on the sponsors for these units is asked to call Fairley at 704-637-9248 or email him at email@example.com.